Page 190 of 227 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2266

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    a) I really can’t bring myself to take into account Colin Clarke’s guess work when it comes to salaries.
    With the more reliable source being...?

b)... and I appreciate this is my guess work, but Loeb the brand brings enough exposure to make it worthwhile for Citroen financially.
    Just out of curiosity; what kind of calculation is this guess based on?

Liked 263 Times in 163 Posts
    Then the right thing to do now is to give everything and make sure that Citroen will not win any title next year.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Many (wo)men also get along fine with their exes, but they still are exes...
    Money was ofc a partial reason and a nice excuse, but in the end relationships are more complicated.

First hint was Ogier complaining about only partial program (if it would help him next year, then he wouldn`t, probably) etc etc. Life is not black and white.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    With the more reliable source being...?

Just out of curiosity; what kind of calculation is this guess based on?

I am not saying there is someone out there, who currently discusses drivers wages and does so accurately. I am simply saying I don't think Colin Clarke is an accurate source. Are you?

Loeb has been PSA's golden boy for many years. They have found him a job, allowed him to come and go seemingly, to whichever series he wants and when he wants.
    Like I said, guesswork on my part, but you have to be completely out of touch with motorsport to not see that PSA have got quite a lot out of him being on their payroll. So that's my calculation.

please excuse my dodgy use of quotations etc... I'm not too good at it.
    Last edited by T16; 27th December 2018 at 21:15.

Liked 43 Times in 25 Posts
    I am not saying there is someone out there, who currently discusses drivers wages and does so accurately. I am simply saying I don't think Colin Clarke is an accurate source. Are you?

Loeb has been PSA's golden boy for many years. They have found him a job, allowed him to come and go seemingly, to whichever series he wants and when he wants.
    Like I said, guesswork on my part, but you have to be completely out of touch with motorsport to not see that PSA have got quite a lot out of him being on their payroll. So that's my calculation.

please excuse my dodgy use of quotations etc... I'm not too good at it.
    You said running Loeb 6 rounds would bring them enough exposure to be worthwhile. Basically sponsors would start offering millions to Citroen? Or the car sales would go way-way up?
    IMO they wouldn't get even near that amount of money. And they already have one multiple world champion. But some could also think there's no room for 2 Sebs in one team or Hyundai just made a better offer. Anyway, I don't think Citroen deserves all the criticism. They are in WRC for a long run, I'm already happy that they didn't pull out, now with Ogier even better. I don't care much about the manu title though and probably many fans don't think it's a big thing. Next season definitely more interesting than 2018 and last time Citroen driver had a chance for WDC was a long time ago. Can't wait.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dnb View Post
    You said running Loeb 6 rounds would bring them enough exposure to be worthwhile. Basically sponsors would start offering millions to Citroen? Or the car sales would go way-way up?
    IMO they wouldn't get even near that amount of money. And they already have one multiple world champion. But some could also think there's no room for 2 Sebs in one team or Hyundai just made a better offer. Anyway, I don't think Citroen deserves all the criticism. They are in WRC for a long run, I'm already happy that they didn't pull out, now with Ogier even better. I don't care much about the manu title though and probably many fans don't think it's a big thing. Next season definitely more interesting than 2018 and last time Citroen driver had a chance for WDC was a long time ago. Can't wait.
    Yes, I do think Loeb carries a lot of value, especially if he wins some of the six rounds.. Citroen we’re making noises about using him this year until recently.

Personally, like I said above, I’m not blaming or criticising Citroen, I think two sebs in that team is one too many, especially now Seb 2 has seen that Seb 1 is still pretty tasty behind the wheel.

Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Loeb says he doesnt think he will be faster than the current driver's. And he did win in Spain with an inspired tyre choice, not by dominating the whole rally.

"I stopped rally competition for more than five years. I don't have any more the rhythm of the current drivers, or their knowledge of the rallies in general."
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    The WRC's champion, Sebastien Ogier, acknowledged that he does not want to be treated as a "number one" driver in Citroën, unless the development of the season requires it. According to the French, the M-Sport strategies used in 2018 are not part of their plans for the first rallies of the year. The opinion was shared by his new partner, Esapekka Lappi. The Finn confessed that he feels a "number two" driver, but warned that he will fight to subdue the Gaul while there are conditions of equality.
    "I do not want any number one status on the team," said Ogier at Autosport. "For me, we would have to have the same opportunities as long as we both have equal chances to fight for the title. If one pilot is able to do it and the other is not, then it is logical to give some support. But at this moment we will start the season with the same opportunities. Esapekka (Lappi) has talent and will be able to bring interesting things from her old team. "
    During the past season, Ogier was benefited by the help of his teammates to obtain the drivers' title. His former M-Sport colleagues, Elfyn Evans and Teemu Suninen, complied with numerous team orders that were crucial in some rallies as the fight for the championship came to an end. However, the Frenchman does not want to repeat this context, at least at the beginning of this year.
    "It is true that there were times when I received help from my teammates," said the Citroën driver. "But that's not the way I want to start this season. My objective is to win the title on my own, since in most of my career it has been that way ".
    On the other hand, Esapekka Lappi joined the double chevron brand with the consent that the manufacturer will deposit his maximum options to the title in Sebastien Ogier. Despite this, the Finn is not willing to benefit the French, unless the development in the fight for the championship requires it.
    "It's pretty clear who is number one and who is number two," said Lappi. "Until now, I do not know how Seb (Ogier) will act. We'll see what happens as the season progresses. If I am not in the fight for the victory of the general classification, it is quite clear that I will give him my space as his colleagues in M-Sport have done. It's part of the game. But, if I am a leader in Monte Carlo and he is behind, I will not give him any space, since we will start the season at the same level ".
    After his first tests, Lappi was more confident in his decision to have moved to the Citroën team. "The handling of the C3 is very good and if we improve some details, it will be the fastest car without any doubt," said the Finn in Rallye Magazin. So far, Lappi only knew the Toyota Yaris WRC. After making his first kilometers on the C3, the Nordic pilot noted the biggest differences between the Japanese car and the French.
    "The view from the Citroën is smaller, because the windshield is narrower and the hood is very high. On the other hand, the front of the Toyota has a much more pronounced descent. So you have to sit higher on the C3, "explained Lappi. In addition to this, the Finn was impressed with the driver of the Citroën. "The engine has more power at high rpm, although the Toyota engine has better stability. In terms of power transmission, the Citroën is clearly ahead. On land it seems that we have noticed a great potential that we want to take advantage of ", concluded Lappi.

http://motorboxradio.com.ar/2019/01/...in-beneficios/

9. Likes: b3637853 (9th January 2019),er88 (9th January 2019),Rally Power (9th January 2019),skarderud (8th January 2019),TWRC (8th January 2019)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

11. Likes: Allez Andruet (11th January 2019),cali (11th January 2019),Eli (12th January 2019),er88 (11th January 2019),pantealex (11th January 2019),TWRC (11th January 2019)
    Liked 263 Times in 163 Posts
    Oh my. Esapekka in those colors look ridiculous.