Page 171 of 227 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2266

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Don't know where to post this (I'm sure Eddie will put me right) but this is Been, today driving a 6R4 on Moll's Gap.

He is wearing Citroen gloves, so I can't be the far off... anyway, it's just a bit special, enjoy.

https://www.facebook.com/CraigBreenO...12010456724881

ah yeah, sorry, but I could only find a Facebook version thus far.

2. Likes: the sniper (1st December 2018),tomhlord (1st December 2018)
    Liked 16,091 Times in 6,982 Posts

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    ogier..

"initial feeling is not too bad.."
    "I'm sure we'll find the right solutions quite quickly.."
    "focusing on dampers"
    "But that's not something that you can do on your own"
    "I really think there's potential"

to me ... he was not that impressed
    and this the is rehomolgated C3 compared with what 2017 and 1/2 2018 season was..

5. Likes: stefanvv (1st December 2018),tomhlord (1st December 2018)
    Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
    Im a fan of craigs but right through his career ive noticed how much he moves the steering midway through a lot of corners lots of sharp turn in straighten wheel turn in again straighten wheel turn in again. And all that in quite a fast corner. If he could tidy that up he would b much quicker n probably a few less spins

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wia5958 View Post
    Im a fan of craigs but right through his career ive noticed how much he moves the steering midway through a lot of corners lots of sharp turn in straighten wheel turn in again straighten wheel turn in again. And all that in quite a fast corner. If he could tidy that up he would b much quicker n probably a few less spins
    I watched a motoring programme, not too long ago, where one of the presenters went on a driving course with a fella that teaches a lot of formula one drivers methods to make them quicker around a track. The drivers included several world champs, I believe, and they come back for refresher courses with him. It's all done in a stock vauxhall astra, so it's purely down to method making them quicker.
    One of the methods taught, is contrary to using smooth steering inputs. It is to turn in quite sharp, straighten the wheel, turn in sharp again, straighten, and so on, effectively making a smooth curve into a 50p piece shape (apologies if not from UK and don't know what 50p is)

Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    I watched a motoring programme, not too long ago, where one of the presenters went on a driving course with a fella that teaches a lot of formula one drivers methods to make them quicker around a track. The drivers included several world champs, I believe, and they come back for refresher courses with him. It's all done in a stock vauxhall astra, so it's purely down to method making them quicker.
    One of the methods taught, is contrary to using smooth steering inputs. It is to turn in quite sharp, straighten the wheel, turn in sharp again, straighten, and so on, effectively making a smooth curve into a 50p piece shape (apologies if not from UK and don't know what 50p is)
    Interesting points, but I think Breen would have done everything to eliminate something so obvious from his technique, if is was causing such time loss (I guess).
    Wasn't Sainz renowned for the same sort of thing?

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Interesting points, but I think Breen would have done everything to eliminate something so obvious from his technique, if is was causing such time loss (I guess).
    Wasn't Sainz renowned for the same sort of thing?
    That is my point. Breens steering inputs are similar to those taught as I mention above, it's all about steering with more angle, straightening up the wheel maybe several times through a corner to keep the road wheels as straight as possible through the corner, creating less friction and therefore more speed.

For anyone interested, the guy is called Rob Wilson if you want to read about some of his theories.

Liked 9,347 Times in 4,964 Posts
    @wia5958 Its a well-known technique that even road drivers like myself use. Turn sharply and then straighen is to 'prepare' the tyre for corner. It then it takes the next input more easily. This is rather than going from totally settled on the straight to fully unsettled as it goes into a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    That is my point. Breens steering inputs are similar to those taught as I mention above, it's all about steering with more angle, straightening up the wheel maybe several times through a corner to keep the road wheels as straight as possible through the corner, creating less friction and therefore more speed.

For anyone interested, the guy is called Rob Wilson if you want to read about some of his theories.
    I think I’ve seen the same thing.... to be fair, if they can pedal an Astra at speed, they’re ready for anything.

Loads of different techniques out there I guess. Schumacher was renowned for tipping the thing in its side in a very aggressive manner, whereas Button was super- smooth in the turn-in phase.

Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
    Thanks eddie never new how to take a corner before. N my point is its an awful lot of movement on fast corners where straighten n open wouldn apply as much places where its not actually needed but hey what do i know