Page 222 of 227 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2266

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Turns out the WRC is not the only motorsport losing Citroen in 2020...

“new global guidelines” https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...-tc-2000-exit/

2. Likes: Eli (23rd November 2019)
    Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    The slow development argument is BS; Ogier was leading the series until Sardinia and despite the hydraulic issue in Catalunya he shouldn’t blame the car or the team for loosing the title. He crashed in Sardinia, felt ill in Finland and got a puncture in Germany; adding his off in Sweden makes one to realize he was less regular than the previous years. The C3 wasn’t the fastest car around (especially on tarmac) but in 2017-18 Ogier wasn’t also driving the fastest car; his regularity was then the key to become champ.
    Maybe he was making more mistakes because the car wasn't good enough and he had to push more?

4. Likes: Fredouye (25th November 2019),WRC1 (23rd November 2019)
    Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
    The slow development argument is BS; Ogier was leading the series until Sardinia and despite the hydraulic issue in Catalunya he shouldn’t blame the car or the team for loosing the title. He crashed in Sardinia, felt ill in Finland and got a puncture in Germany; adding his off in Sweden makes one to realize he was less regular than the previous years. The C3 wasn’t the fastest car around (especially on tarmac) but in 2017-18 Ogier wasn’t also driving the fastest car; his regularity was then the key to become champ.
    I don't mean just last year from 17 development has been slow in 3 years they made it from a fast tarmac car to a middling gravel car and removed the entire tarmac performance in the process. It's hardly development is it. Aero changed little or none at all until last months of this year and will never be seen on stages engine wasn't developed as this was citroens strongest point Ogier not once can I remember said he was happy with the car. Always on the limit

Liked 56 Times in 28 Posts
    I guess by regularity you mean consistency. Yeah his consistency was the key to previously, but you won't win a title by being consistently slow with a shitty car. I mean, I am sure that no one would argue that Ogier can drive on tarmac and what did we see this year, do you think that he somehow forgot how to drive on tarmac?

7. Likes: WRC1 (23rd November 2019)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wia5958 View Post
    It's hardly development is it. Aero changed little or none at all until last months of this year and will never be seen on stages engine wasn't developed as this was citroens strongest point Ogier not once can I remember said he was happy with the car. Always on the limit
    While you are right about aero they had at least two engine upgrades last one for Germany this year.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaunoK View Post
    Maybe he was making more mistakes because the car wasn't good enough and he had to push more?
    That could be the case if you really believe that Ogier poor results were only due to the car, while the good ones (8 podiums, including 3 wins) were just because of the driver…

Btw, in 2 of Ogier’s 4 unsuccessful events Lappi was P2.
    Rally addict since 1982

10. Likes: cali (24th November 2019),dimviii (23rd November 2019),EstWRC (23rd November 2019),pantealex (23rd November 2019),TWRC (24th November 2019)
    Liked 16,088 Times in 6,981 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaunoK View Post
    there was years that he had to push less (polo)
    you cant have always the best car.

12. Likes: cali (24th November 2019),EstWRC (23rd November 2019),pantealex (23rd November 2019),TWRC (24th November 2019)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    OK Tanak was out of contract, but in effect he left Toyota who wanted to keep him after winning two titles.

Tanak joining Hyundai (with Neuville) was a big surprise and has done the WRC no favours, and has now effectively caused the loss of Citroen.

Does anyone think the WRC is now in a better position than 2019 ?
    but what about this theory Eddie. i have been thinking about this for a week now (after hearing Budars interview on gravel notes)

what IF Ogier was the reason that Tänak left TGR? Budar said in the gravelnotes podcast that at around Rally Germany time it was clear Ogier didnt want to continue with them.

So, Ott heard that Ogier is having talks with Tommi joining Toyota and we know Ott doesnt want to be with him in the same team anymore, pluss the bad environment in the team.

And that weird body language from both of them (Ott and Ogier) at rally wales press conference when Tommi is talking about next season.

I maybe thrown with rocks now because i have noticed whatever Ogier does most people here defend him for that. But ill take the chance.

E: seeing now that on estonian forum one user is basically saying the same and confirming it, so im not the only one who is thinking so
    Last edited by EstWRC; 25th November 2019 at 13:08.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 16,088 Times in 6,981 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post

I maybe thrown with rocks now because i have noticed whatever Ogier does most people here defend him for that. But ill take the chance.
    why to throw rocks mate? this scenario isnt out of picture.

15. Likes: cali (25th November 2019),WRC1 (25th November 2019)
    Liked 56 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post

How would that need a defence? Dosen't sound like some bad move from Ogier.