Page 194 of 227 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2266

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 252 Times in 158 Posts
    Citroen Racing

''Proud to support our Citroën customers: Mads Østberg & Co-driver Torstein Eriksen will race in WRC2 Pro & behind the wheel of the #C3R5 - from Rally Sweden.''

Sounds like he actually pay that he can drive that car. Citroen then take it like Pro entry... With every minute they try to prove that they are team of nobodies, which some call that for Toyota.
    Last edited by deephouse; 19th January 2019 at 07:35.

Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Wouldn't surprise me. Once a pay driver...
    Last edited by Myrvold; 19th January 2019 at 22:43.

Liked 12,168 Times in 5,219 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Lappi is being very cautious on his statements. He said that this year is more of learning than winning, and that the car "has potential" on different point of views.
    I don't know if it is just part of his character, or he is not liking the Citroen behaviour and setup so far.

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    Citroen Racing

''Proud to support our Citroën customers: Mads Østberg & Co-driver Torstein Eriksen will race in WRC2 Pro & behind the wheel of the #C3R5 - from Rally Sweden.''

Sounds like he actually pay that he can drive that car. Citroen then take it like Pro entry... With every minute they try to prove that they are team of nobodies, which some call that for Toyota.
    Pay driving isn't black and white. Take a look at 'privateer' entries in GT racing for clues as to all the different steps of grey. Here's the bill for the car. But Citroen are likely paying all entry fees. Citroen Sport logos on the car? That's a discount. Using Citroen's partner suppliers? That could be arranged at a good rate Perhaps they're running the car for free? Perhaps they're reducing the cost in order to get him onboard? Maybe Citroen Norway are contributing.

Audi in GT racing (and others) have a Customer Racing badged programme, but their works team runs their works drivers in the big races at Nurburgring and Spa. The 'customer racing' banner is because they use those wins to advertise the car to customers around the world. I've no idea, but Citroen may be doing the same.

M-Sport's WRC2 Pro programme is also being supported by pay drivers, and I'd argue Citroen have got a better driver to showcase their R5 than Ford as things stand.

Heck, Skoda's Pro entry in Monte Carlo and Sweden appears to be supporting privateer entrants.
    Last edited by dodge33cymru; 19th January 2019 at 12:13.
    aka Rodger Davies

6. Likes: AndyRAC (19th January 2019),Fast Eddie WRC (19th January 2019),leighton323 (20th January 2019),pantealex (19th January 2019),RS (19th January 2019),the sniper (19th January 2019),TWRC (19th January 2019),WRC1 (21st January 2019)
    Liked 793 Times in 377 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    Citroen Racing

As far as i know, he don't pay to drive, but he don't get paid eighter.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

8. Likes: pantealex (20th January 2019),Sulland (23rd January 2019),TWRC (20th January 2019)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    It seems to be a semi-official program, a bit like last year Lefebvre WRC2 entry; this time it'll be DG Sport runing the car, instead of PHSport. Citroen, Total and Michelin will continue to support: http://www.dgsportcompetition.eu/en/node/225
    Rally addict since 1982

10. Likes: pantealex (23rd January 2019)
    Liked 386 Times in 167 Posts
    Did anyone see what damper supplier Citroen uses this year?

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Lappi telling a Finnish magazine, translated by me

Now I go even more nose first, because this car works differently. Diffs and brake ramp(?) work for the first time in my life. In Skoda and Toyota left and right side didn't brake the same way

It has caused some problems having driven six years on a car where these things don't work with the same sense as in this car. Left hand braking to tie the car down comes from the spine and it does not work at all with this car. I had to change my driving style in Sweden when we noticed from the data that I tied too much with the brake. The diff goes onto the brake ramp which lessens the speed and decreases acceleration at the exit of the corner
    https://www.rallit.fi/esapekka-lappi...la-elamassani/

It's interesting he says left foot braking does not work with the C3. If I remember correctly, Mikkelsen had problems with the car because he doesn't left foot brake...

Also one thing I forgot to report from Rally Sweden, at the finish line of some stage Lappi told Ferm "you cannot take this car in the fast corners like you could on the Toyota..."

13. Likes: Allez Andruet (7th March 2019),cali (8th March 2019)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Lappi telling a Finnish magazine, translated by me

https://www.rallit.fi/esapekka-lappi...la-elamassani/

It's interesting he says left foot braking does not work with the C3. If I remember correctly, Mikkelsen had problems with the car because he doesn't left foot brake...

Also one thing I forgot to report from Rally Sweden, at the finish line of some stage Lappi told Ferm "you cannot take this car in the fast corners like you could on the Toyota..."
    The comment about Mikkelsen was for Sardinia, where he started with just a few kms of test without any changes done to the car. Supposedly they changed some dif maps after that and in Poland it was mostly ok. But Meeke who does left-foot brake was driving the car after that half way into 2018 and Østberg who I believe also does it drove it also for most of 2018. Ogier supposedly doesn't left foot brake (that's where Mikkelsen has it from). Latvala also tried to follow Ogier but it didn't go well in 2016 and he changed back.