Thanks a lot @tr4m, that is one of the most open and honest driver interviews you'll read (due to the nature of contracts thesedays and legal issues). It's a shame it's got so messy.

What surprises me is Meeke saying he's reached out to Citroen to try and settle things amicably, regarding that press release saying he was a danger (which potentially could've risked future employment). Why Citroen wouldn't have wanted that is a mystery, because now that Meeke has just dropped all this and spoken honestly about everything, it makes Citroen look even worse than the shambles we saw from the outside for the last two years or so. Reach an agreement and Meeke would've said very little compared to this.....

Also says he had possibilities at all 3 remaining teams in WRC, plus a proposal outwith WRC. Toyota always had interest due to Makinen rating Meeke highly, and Penasse had said in an interview if Meeke's available you'd look at him due to his speed, but I didn't expect Msport to have been a possibility due to budget issues and Meeke's previous relationship with Malcolm. Sounds like that has thawed over the years thougb.

Also suggestion from Meeke that Ostberg at Citroen is no more, and Breen only has options of some rallies there at most. We knew Ostberg wasn't going to get a paid drive but what about him bringing budget?

What Meeke says about driver starts is true and factual vs Breen, and quite a surprise to hear, but again you can't fight age imo. Reactions do slow down but maybe in rallying it isn't as vital? I get why he still feels young and will reply to comments/ criticism about his age with these replies about rally starts/lack of full seasons though. He is indeed behind a lot of drivers in terms of full wrc seasons and starts, so that does have to be taken into account when team bosses are assessing him vs the likes of Mikkelsen, Sordo, Paddon, Evans, Breen, Ostberg etc etc.

Good interview in a time when you very rarely get any sportsmen talking so openly, and not caring about offending anyone or worrying what they can or cannot talk about.