Page 161 of 227 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2266

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    It's hard for you to swallow that Østberg was only 32sec behind Tanak and not the 2/3min you expected isn't it...?
    I think that's quite good value for money considering Toyota did near 20 days of test before Finland and Citroën only 3.
    He done better than I expected, buts it obvious the these improvement to the cars, which started in development about this time last year, are only bringing the C3 to where it should have been a year ago.

But other facts remain.

-Otsberg made use of his road position advantage on day one, and was able to hang with Tanak
    -Tanak took 35s from Otsberg on Day 2, then sat on it Day 3
    -Otsberg cannot win a rally on pure pace.
    - Meeke won this rally by the same amount Otsberg was behind the leader, so Citroen still have some way to go.

The C3 is not as well developed as the DS3, relative to its respective piers.
    Last edited by wrc2017; 2nd August 2018 at 21:12.

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    In 2016 when Meeke won in Finland he had road position advantage for all 3 days (championship running order for both Friday and Saturday (8th on the road out of 9 WRCs) and then reverse positions for Sunday, so last as he was leading.).

When I pointed it out previously the diehard-fan claimed it had close to nothing to say. Now it suddenly matters for Østberg
    Give me time... ive more to do that sit in front of a computer, unlike you it seems. You ever been to Finland Rally?

Let the locals correct me... when the weather was as hot as it was, the surface is loose like marbels, and cleans... leaving a hard base. like it was this year
    If it has been damp, the base later is soft, and there is little cleaning, but you go get benefit of slightly cleaner lines, but also ruts in some place. Sometime
    the ruts hold the car sometime they do not. The car also runs on the sump guard.

Ive nothing against Otsberg, I just think the result was more of a relief for Citroen, they celebrated it like a victory. I just think Meeke has been the fall guy, found out the car was defective, and instigated a lot of the changes. For a current driver to claim the upturn in performance is due to him as he did on the autosport.com, is a bit rich. But hey, its all water under the bridge.. Meeke is probably laying at home with a cigar watching WRC LIVE...getting paid!
    Last edited by wrc2017; 2nd August 2018 at 21:08.

Liked 55 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    kinda off-topic question but do Citroen and Hyundai also test close to their base? we know that m-sport has its own track/road close to the base and Toyota can test in finland close to Puuppola.

They use a military zone in Satory just closed to the factory
    http://wrc.is.free.fr

4. Likes: EstWRC (13th August 2018),TWRC (13th August 2018)
    so what will the conclusion be on drivers and car after germany i wonder.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    They use a military zone in Satory just closed to the factory
    Right in front of the factory, they just need to cross the street! Yet Satory camp hardly resembles a rally stage: mainly there’s a tarmac/concrete circuit with a short road section (it was open for track days during some time) and a few gravel driveways around.

Ironically there’s a huge development plan to transform the military base into Versailles new district, with housing, services and R&D centers for green mobility…
    Rally addict since 1982

7. Likes: AnttiL (22nd August 2018),EstWRC (17th August 2018),TWRC (17th August 2018)
    Given another shit performance from Citroen and 2 drivers crashing, i would have assumed the thread should be getting more air time. Why is Otsberg getting away so lightly.. is it because every one knows he is shit on tarmac, so it was no surprise, or is it because he is paying for his drive, so it doesnt matter so much?

9. Likes: er88 (22nd August 2018),tomhlord (22nd August 2018)
    Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Given another shit performance from Citroen and 2 drivers crashing, i would have assumed the thread should be getting more air time. Why is Otsberg getting away so lightly.. is it because every one knows he is shit on tarmac, so it was no surprise, or is it because he is paying for his drive, so it doesnt matter so much?
    It's because Citroen's season is over and has been for quite some time. Nobody expects anything from Ostberg, everyone knows what he is/isn't capable of.

11. Likes: tomhlord (22nd August 2018),TWRC (22nd August 2018)
    Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Ostberg has never been that good on tarmac, plus it was his first tarmac rally in a year or two. Expectations were low.

13. Likes: AnttiL (22nd August 2018),pantealex (22nd August 2018)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    I'd actually say Østberg did ok, not very good but about as expected (If you take out the time lost die to the technical issue on friday.)

In a way Breen was much bigger disappointment. Was expecting him to set 4-5 times from the start but he did that first on saturday and then crashed. Hard to judge sunday with some ppl cruising.

15. Likes: AnttiL (22nd August 2018),pantealex (22nd August 2018),tr4m (22nd August 2018),TWRC (22nd August 2018)
    Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I'd actually say Østberg did ok, not very good but about as expected (If you take out the time lost die to the technical issue on friday.)

In a way Breen was much bigger disappointment. Was expecting him to set 4-5 times from the start but he did that first on saturday and then crashed. Hard to judge sunday with some ppl cruising.
    Ostberg was the slowest WRC car until he crashed, on the Sunday, so no speed and no points. Surely, that's a fail?

Breen was indeed disappointing too, apart from a brief glimmer of hope in the Saturday, but at least he had that going for him.

No wonder Citroen will be speaking to all the drivers out of contract...

17. Likes: BobJones (23rd August 2018),dimviii (22nd August 2018)