Page 187 of 227 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2266

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    As I wrote a week ago I very much doubt we will see only 2 C3s at most rallies. On european ones I am quite sure that some people will get a drive.
    It also does look like Loeb leaving was only partly about the budget for 3rd car with those Ogier comments.

Liked 252 Times in 158 Posts
    Then if it's right what are you all saying that Citroen politicaly get rid of Loeb was a little stupid. Hyundai had no 3rd driver confirmed and we all know that car is not that bad so obvious choice for him was right there (if Hyundai would not called him, mr. monsieur would call them and get in touch with them). What I'm saying is that Citroen is not realizing then this lineup now (I mean Neuville, Loeb) will pretty much beat Citroen everywhere and I mean one and only Ogier. But the real question is can the Hyundai beat Toyota?

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    As things look now on tarmac I would put my money on Ogier in Citroen over Loeb in Hyundai.

4. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (15th December 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    As things look now on tarmac I would put my money on Ogier in Citroen over Loeb in Hyundai.
    at dry tarmac yes

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I'm not, I bet on Tanak and Toyota

7. Likes: able1 (15th December 2018),AnttiL (15th December 2018),steve.mandzij (16th December 2018)
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Just seen Colin Clark's vlog. He states the drivers without a 2019 seat need to wait for Abu Dhabi to come back (to Citroen) in 2020.

And he thinks Østberg will be in pole position as he thinks he will drive some rounds in the PH Sport C3 in 2019.

If this is right it seems short-sighted of Citroen not to have helped fund him an official third car.

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    CC also said Toyota are spending €70m a year and Hyundai similar.

And Citroen expect to beat them on the cheap with two cars and letting Loeb go ? I doubt it.

CC also stated Loeb didnt have a drive 'after Abu Dhabi withdrew'.

No mention of it being because of any two-Sebs politics..
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 15th December 2018 at 16:21.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    He is not a God, speculating like us.

11. Likes: cali (15th December 2018),dimviii (15th December 2018),pantealex (15th December 2018),tommeke_B (15th December 2018),TWRC (15th December 2018)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    CC also said Toyota are spending €70m a year and Hyundai similar.

And Citroen expect to beat them on the cheap with two cars and letting Loeb go ? I doubt it.

CC also stated Loeb didnt have a drive 'after Abu Dhabi withdrew'.

No mention of it being because of any two-Sebs politics..
    What was the M-Sport budget when they beat Toyota and Hyundai for the last two years?

If they get the car right (and I’m very sceptical as to whether they can) then Ogier has a good shot at the WDC.

What’s more important these days for exposure? Hard to say from my POV as I’m into the sport so, for me, it’s which driver comes out on top, but similarly, the manufacturers have a great chance of excellent exposure if they can tell the wider world that they are manufacturers champions.

I guess that’s why there are two championships at stake.

On the Loeb situation, I honestly think it was a bit of Citroen lacking finance, but more a lot of Ogier not wanting him on the team.
    Look at it this way: Loeb won in Spain and probably surprised a few with his pace, Then he starts making noises and tries to get six events.
    I maybe wrong about this but, but I can’t imaging, for the life of me, that he would agree a deal where he has to concede a victory if Ogier can take max points... it’s just not in his blood.
    So what’s Ogier going to do, knowing that he’s got a team mate that could potentially win any of the six rallies he enters (for fun) and that this team mate is going to take points is him, the guy Citroen want to win the WDC.

Citroen think about the ramifications and say, “sorry (big) Seb, but we can’t have you here playing by those rules”.

So Hyundai sign him on a two year deal and the team management are already making noises (I’ve read it somewhere) that they ‘will cross that bridge when they come to it’ regarding if Loeb moves aside for Neuville... I’ll bet a pound there is no way at all he will and his contract will say he doesn’t have to either.

Interesting to see how it pans out, but I have a feeling that if Loeb does very well on the Monte and in Sweden, then we will see him rapidly adding to his planned six events, because Hyundai must be, by now, getting a little frustrated that their golden boy seems to struggle to bring the championship home.

Interesting to see how he goes and what happens, but he’s definitely still got it.
    Last edited by T16; 15th December 2018 at 18:25.

And maybe he will win his 10th title and send Ogier home not reaching his number. Man these frenchs...