Page 111 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1613

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 376 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Meeke isnt stupid or some loose cannon... even he wouldnt speak like this if he had a long-term future. I think he's just had enough and cant be bothered playing the PR game any more.
    The look on this face on one of the regroup interviews on all live on either friday or saturday said it all. The guy is a broken man. He doesn't believe in the team anymore. Maybe it is a bit premature, the PSA boss sounds like he has his back. Or Kris knows more... who knows.

2. Likes: steve.mandzij (1st February 2018)
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 4,317 Times in 2,299 Posts
    What are Citroen doing with just (mostly) two cars this year... what can they do against the other teams with this philosophy. Weird unless its a money issue.

4. Likes: steve.mandzij (2nd February 2018)
    Liked 1,564 Times in 741 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    What are Citroen doing with just (mostly) two cars this year... what can they do against the other teams with this philosophy. Weird unless its a money issue.
    Was it ‘weird’ to see MSport running a low budget entry after Ford pulling out in 2012? Would you prefer Mr. Wilson to have quitted WRC back then?

Despite budget restrictions, Citroen guys also didn’t quit. They’re bravely trying to recover from their worst season in many years; as rally fans we should praise their effort and hope they’ll succeed.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 1,847 Times in 792 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Was it ‘weird’ to see MSport running a low budget entry after Ford pulling out in 2012? Would you prefer Mr. Wilson to have quitted WRC back then?

Despite budget restrictions, Citroen guys also didn’t quit. They’re bravely trying to recover from their worst season in many years; as rally fans we should praise their effort and hope they’ll succeed.
    M-Sport was a private team and a much different situation. Anyway I think he is talking about who decided to use such a limited budget for a factory team. Everybody is happy they are there but it's ridiculous they're trying to save money everywhere while other are making proper investments for a WRC manufacturer.

Liked 129 Times in 89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    M-Sport was a private team and a much different situation. Anyway I think he is talking about who decided to use such a limited budget for a factory team. Everybody is happy they are there but it's ridiculous they're trying to save money everywhere while other are making proper investments for a WRC manufacturer.
    Like I understand from that article from some boss from Citroen (I don't know her name & it doesn't matter) is that they don't need big budget to get recognition. That include Ogier or Mikkelsen. And a permanent third car. Their C3 is selling good despite their bad season and last place and now the slowest car currently. They are following last year's private achievement with low budget (for me quite stupid answer). They need to first build strong competitive car (driveable), then compare to others.

Liked 601 Times in 290 Posts
    Fact is a lot of the budget is made up of Sheikh Khalid's money too, so the actual money Citroen is putting in is low compared to the other teams.

They've tried to do it on the cheap, hence the reason they took risks in engineering and designing the car to try and save money and cut corners.

However with Meeke being able to win rallies last season and help create good enough publicity, it's clear from what Linda Jackson has been saying that they feel they get enough out of the WRC. Especially for the financial commitment they make.

And in their eyes this year, why run 3 cars? Even if they bring the budget to run 3 cars in every event, they still wouldn't win the manufactures title. I mean Ostberg, Tidemand, Lefebrve or whoever else they could sign as 3rd driver, wouldn't elevate them to potential champions. Ostberg will only contest more rallies in a 3 car if he brings budget to pay for it. So just run two cars on most rounds, and hopefully they push some of the left over budget into extra testing and development which is what they need for that car (as has been shown yet again in Monte...)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Liked 1,564 Times in 741 Posts
    Obviously the situation is far from ideal, but it seems too harsh call it ridiculous, especially at this point of the season. Again: if their choice was between continuing in the series with a smaller budget or to pull out, I’m glad they’ve choose the first.

Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    They've tried to do it on the cheap, hence the reason they took risks in engineering and designing the car to try and save money and cut corners.
    I don't believe the tech issues were result of having more or less money than the others (wealthy manus making crap cars is not rare in motorsport) and what has been talked is this year unexpected budget cut (possibly linked to PSA overall situation after Opel buy).
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 59 Times in 28 Posts
    [QUOTE=er88;1171150]Fact is a lot of the budget is made up of Sheikh Khalid's money too, so the actual money Citroen is putting in is low compared to the other teams.

Are you sure that they took risks in design and engineering because they tried to do it on the cheap? or did they just build a crap car? Without sounding funny, I'm guessing you haven't got car-budget development comparisons for the different teams?

Liked 129 Times in 89 Posts
    [QUOTE=T16;1171155]
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Fact is a lot of the budget is made up of Sheikh Khalid's money too, so the actual money Citroen is putting in is low compared to the other teams.

Are you sure that they took risks in design and engineering because they tried to do it on the cheap? or did they just build a crap car? Without sounding funny, I'm guessing you haven't got car-budget development comparisons for the different teams?
    Hyundai I believe have greatest budget and probably spend way more for development than it's rivals last year. But we all know where this goes.

Liked 5,775 Times in 2,426 Posts
    Citrën openly admits that this year they are the team with the lowest budget.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump