Page 186 of 227 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2266

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 9,349 Times in 4,965 Posts
    So they lost Abu Dhabi money, but then they gained Red Bull... so what's the difference ?

Seems that the 3rd car was only ever going to be for a pay driver and Al Qassimi went with AD.

Østberg refused to or cant pay any more.

So Loeb was never going to drive.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    So they lost Abu Dhabi money, but then they gained Red Bull... so what's the difference ?

Seems that the 3rd car was only ever going to be for a pay driver and Al Qassimi went with AD.

Østberg refused to or cant pay any more.

So Loeb was never going to drive.
    What information do you have on the budget that either sponsor brings?... how can you possibly know there is no difference between the two? Crazy!

Why would Citroen be in discussions with Loeb and even make it public they wanted him to drive?

I think you’re looking for something that isn’t there.

Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    What information do you have on the budget that either sponsor brings?... how can you possibly know there is no difference between the two? Crazy!

Why would Citroen be in discussions with Loeb and even make it public they wanted him to drive?

I think you’re looking for something that isn’t there.
    You dont know the figures either !

Red Bull sponsored all of M-Sport's 3 cars so they must pay pretty well.

[QUOTE=Fast Eddie WRC;1202419]You dont know the figures either !
    I know I don’t, but I’m not professing to know that there is no difference between what red bull and Abu-Dhabi paid, like you are.

So, I ask again, how do you know there’s no difference between what each sponsor brings? Or are you just guessing?

[QUOTE=T16;1202421]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    You dont know the figures either !
    I know I don’t, but I’m not professing to know that there is no difference between what red bull and Abu-Dhabi paid, like you are.

So, I ask again, how do you know there’s no difference between what each sponsor brings? Or are you just guessing?
    I repeat you dont know either... but are still arguing like you do !

Based on RB helping M-Sport run 3 cars but Citroen can only afford two next year it seems they just wont pay and wanted a driver to.

[QUOTE=Fast Eddie WRC;1202423]
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post

I repeat you dont know either... but are still arguing like you do !

Based on RB helping M-Sport run 3 cars but Citroen can only afford two next year it seems they just wont pay and wanted a driver to.
    Eddie... one more time... me saying I don’t know what the difference between the money AB and redbull bring to Citroen means I don’t know.
    You saying there is no difference between what they both bring implies you do know.

I really hope you can grasp that.

Liked 260 Times in 163 Posts
    It's obviously that Citroen is everything else than proper commited team. Look Toyota and Hyundai. Are their programm fully payed just by Microsoft or Shell & Mobis... I don't think so. So what if Abu Dhabi is leaving. PSA could easily bring more money into the game but they are cheap like hell. I bet that there is no money even for staff so they could be more efficent. I would be laughing out loud if Redbull would step back from their backs and go anywhere else. I wonder if then would they just stop their programm in the middle of a fight.

And what is with their PH-Sport bromance story a few months ago about how they will lend one car for any driver who will want to drive it. I never seen it or heard of it again. Except if Ostberg was that driver.
    Last edited by deephouse; 14th December 2018 at 17:16.

8. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (15th December 2018)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    How do you know how much money PSA has and can afford spending in motorsports? They bought Opel, which was a big investment itself and it didn`t stop there: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-p...-idUSKBN1DT1NA

Liked 709 Times in 335 Posts
    I think Budar was pretty clear earlier in the year, that there would be no part programme for Loeb in 2019. So if Loeb was firm on his desire to only do some rallies and not the whole championship then he effectively put himself out of seat at Citroen, not the other way round.
    Equally, I am pretty sure the events he does with Hyundai will have to be the ones that work best for Hyundai rather than the ones he prefers, e.g. the ones where Dani is less effective. Monte is slightly odd in that it is nominally a tarmac event, but can be anything but if the weather is bad, and Dani is usually very slow in the changeable conditions. Sweden, Finland and Wales seem like shoe-ins, but the remaining two could anything really.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    It's obviously that Citroen is everything else than proper commited team. Look Toyota and Hyundai. Are their programm fully payed just by Microsoft or Shell & Mobis... I don't think so. So what if Abu Dhabi is leaving. PSA could easily bring more money into the game but they are cheap like hell. I bet that there is no money even for staff so they could be more efficent. I would be laughing out loud if Redbull would step back from their backs and go anywhere else. I wonder if then would they just stop their programm in the middle of a fight.
    I believe you’re hugely missing the point. Not running a 3rd car was, most likely, a political choice, not a budget issue. If Ogier and Loeb rivalry is still out of control, do you believe Citroen would say ‘for personal reasons, we cannot have Ogier and Loeb running together, so we’ve decided to let Loeb go?’…

Besides, after signing Ogier and Lappi, how can you still think they’re not serious about their WRC program? Actually, Loeb’s depart should be looked as a strong, yet delicate, signal of how serious they are, not the opposite.

Who knows, with Loeb now confirmed on another team, maybe some last minute deal with Ostberg or Breen can still be announced; it’d be just one more surprise on an already quite surprising silly season.
    Rally addict since 1982

12. Likes: dimviii (14th December 2018),jonkka (15th December 2018),TWRC (15th December 2018)