Page 114 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2266

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Little Big Racing by Citroën - Rally Sweden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxP9as9yqtA

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Wasn’t able to follow Sweden properly, but Breen looked strong all event long and Ostberg also performed decently; quite an improvement from last year rally. It feels Citroen tech staff is managing to improve the car and probably we cannot longer say the C3 is a crap. With the jokers they’re expecting to use since Mexico (or Argentina?) things are starting to look promising in the French squad; good news for them and great for the WRC!
    Last edited by Rally Power; 19th February 2018 at 15:50.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Big cheeks Matton left the team and the car is immediately up to speed

4. Likes: WRC1 (19th February 2018)
    Liked 706 Times in 333 Posts
    I got the impression the drivers were almost as surprised as us that the car performed as it did in Sweden. Breen in particular kept referencing that it's 'sticking', which I took to mean the rear of the car.

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Rumors say that Breen and Østberg started Sweden using the completely changed set-up that came after Mads struggled during his testday. He tweeked on almost everything, and ended up with a very different set-up than where he started.

Meeke tried it, but felt it did not suite his liking, so he went back to his way of setting up the car.

Shows that many drivers need to test a car, for the constructing team gets many inputs, to make a car that is adjustable for many styles of fast driving.

Citroen has tradition of using their number 1 driver as head tester. That was ok with the two Sebs. Not sure about car behaviour preferences on loose and hard surfaces of the 3, but I guess someone here has insight to share?

7. Likes: A FONDO (19th February 2018),Eli (21st February 2018),pantealex (20th February 2018),peter_85 (19th February 2018),seb_sh (19th February 2018),TWRC (20th February 2018)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Rumors say that Breen and Østberg started Sweden using the completely changed set-up that came after Mads struggled during his testday. He tweeked on almost everything, and ended up with a very different set-up than where he started.

Meeke tried it, but felt it did not suite his liking, so he went back to his way of setting up the car.

Shows that many drivers need to test a car, for the constructing team gets many inputs, to make a car that is adjustable for many styles of fast driving.

Citroen has tradition of using their number 1 driver as head tester. That was ok with the two Sebs. Not sure about car behaviour preferences on loose and hard surfaces of the 3, but I guess someone here has insight to share?
    Could be that a totally different take on the set-up has made such a positive difference, but Meeke has always been held in very high regard as far as car set-up and development goes.
    That's not to say he always gets it right though.
    I wonder if it's possible that new components on the car have allowed the operating window to be shifted, thus allowing for a set-up that was not possible before? (diff components/ software / suspension geometry parameters)...

9. Likes: Sulland (19th February 2018)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    but Meeke has always been held in very high regard as far as car set-up and development goes.
    By whom? Which car did he help develop?

Last year he used DS3 on at least 3 pre-event tests for "comparison". Doesn't look like someone who is sure about setting up a car.

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    By whom? Which car did he help develop?

Last year he used DS3 on at least 3 pre-event tests for "comparison". Doesn't look like someone who is sure about setting up a car.
    Sorry if I offended you somehow pal... I can't remember specifically, but he used to do a lot of development work for when Loeb was driving for the team and they actually gave him a special mention for his work in the initial development for ..... (I think it was the C4?).. I'm sure someone will remember better than I do.

Maybe the fault is (or was) within the engineering / technical side of the team and not solely at his door. Did you consider that, or are you certain he is to blame?

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    I just wonder how you got the idea. Sordo developed C4 afaik.
    Last edited by mknight; 19th February 2018 at 22:23.

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I just wonder how you got the idea. Sordo developed C4 afaik.
    I remember him being publicly praised by whoever ran Citroen sport at the time (not so sure it was Matton, but can't remember who it was exactly)... they accredited him with a lot of the cars performance.