Page 185 of 227 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2266

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    So why didn't citroen paid it. Surely they can afford a few millions?!?
    Not entirely sure, but I’m pretty sure it was one of two reasons, or a combination of both:
    Their budget was dealt a massive blow when their main sponsor pulled out and they can’t justify his wages as a guest driver.
    Or.
    Ogier got a little irritated with the thought of Loeb in the team and, especially given Loeb’s performance in Spain, pulled rank.

Not sure how much you or I know about Citroen’s current budget, but I’m guessing Ogier takes up a fair old chunk of it and without a main sponsor, there’s not much left.

That sound reasonable?

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    I don't know. I personal would like to think out-of-the-box, money aside, when Loeb was asked who would drive for next year, if drive at all, his answer was straight when pointed his overalls. What could have changed his mind? Isn't it the possibility to win for another manufacturer as Ogier did, hmmm?
    Last edited by stefanvv; 13th December 2018 at 23:50.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

I don't know. I personal would like to think out-of-the-box, money aside, when Loeb was asked who would drive for next year, if drive at all, his answer was straight when pointed his overalls. What could have changed his mind? Isn't it the possibility to win for another manufacturer as Ogier did, hmmm?
    It’s clear they got rid of him.
    He didn’t consciously ‘change his mind’ like you want to think. He had no choice.

4. Likes: Mintexmemory (14th December 2018)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    He didn’t consciously ‘change his mind’ like you want to think. He had no choice.
    Oooohhhh he has many choices, like in past several years. He didn't seem so determined to return in WRC even half way, but now he does more events with hyundai than ever with citroen after '12. That is a bell ringing.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Oooohhhh he has many choices, like in past several years. He didn't seem so determined to return in WRC even half way, but now he does more events with hyundai than ever with citroen after '12. That is a bell ringing.
    I mean he didn’t have a choice if if stayed at Citroen or not.
    As he’s said himself, he’s got the buzz again after the win in Spain.

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    He was a little busier from '12 up to the end of this year.
    If Citroen hadn't closed the door on him, he would have done just as many rallies in a Citroen as he will in a Hyundai, no doubt.

8. Likes: dimviii (14th December 2018),er88 (14th December 2018)
    Liked 16,090 Times in 6,982 Posts
    Isn't it the possibility to win for another manufacturer as Ogier did, hmmm?
    no that stupid thinking isnt in his mind.
    As they told you,hyundai deal was done after Ogiers veto to citroen,and Peugeot withdrawal from rally cross.

Liked 1,123 Times in 601 Posts
    to me it seems they seriously pissed him off somehow.

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    to me it seems they seriously pissed him off somehow.
    All a bit speculative, conspiracy theory for me.
    Maybe it just is what it is, and has been written in black and white.
    Citroens main title pulls the plug leaving no funds for a third car forcing Loeb to look elsewhere (although, did not have to look as penasse was straight on the phone).

Ogier knows the game, he isn't going to be told to let Loeb win, he knows the shoe is on the other foot since they were teammates before. It's speculation to say he vetoed Loeb staying at Citroen. Maybe he has grown up, now he has been in a position where his teammates have had to ceed positions and upgrades to help his own title challenge.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    All a bit speculative, conspiracy theory for me.
    Maybe it just is what it is, and has been written in black and white.
    Citroens main title pulls the plug leaving no funds for a third car forcing Loeb to look elsewhere (although, did not have to look as penasse was straight on the phone).

Ogier knows the game, he isn't going to be told to let Loeb win, he knows the shoe is on the other foot since they were teammates before. It's speculation to say he vetoed Loeb staying at Citroen. Maybe he has grown up, now he has been in a position where his teammates have had to ceed positions and upgrades to help his own title challenge.
    Yep, it’s just speculation but one can wonder if the budget excuse makes sense, knowing that Reb Bull, Total and some other PSA partners were always eager to profit from Loeb’s image. If there was a strong will from Citroen, would it be that hard to get from PSA and their partners the extra budget to run Loeb on a handful of WRC events?

On the grown up remark, here’s Quesnel (a direct participant in 2011 incidents) view about Ogier/Loeb clash: http://www.sport365.fr/quesnel-affir...r-1319505.html (the headline “Quesnel says that Loeb imposed on Citroen Ogier’s depart”, gives an idea of the content, which is even more explicit).

We may believe or not in Quesnel words, but if we relate them with Budar comments, before signing Ogier, about not wanting more part time runs from Loeb, we can figure that managing such huge egos under the same roof would still be a distraction for a team that needs to progress in a quiet and firm way, to show they can fight again for a WRC title.
    Rally addict since 1982

13. Likes: Norm75 (14th December 2018),stefanvv (14th December 2018),TWRC (14th December 2018)