Page 151 of 162 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1615

Thread: Citroen WRT

  1. #1501
    Senior Member Rally Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,954
    Like
    2,237
    Liked 1,584 Times in 752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    According to Budier Meeke was gambling his life.. given 9th and 10th.. it certainly looks that way.
    For God’s sake, stop bashing Citroen just because they fired Meeke. Even the Brit journos that spent last year defending him recognized that Meeke has become a loose canon and there was no other choice for Citroen. Besides, you should take a look on your hero path: besides Opel on his first JWRC season and Mini in 2011, Citroen and Peugeot were the only brands supporting Meeke through his rally career; without the French he would probably have retired a long time ago.

    Btw, the WRC isn’t about driver A or B; it’s about the manus that choose to be part of this sport, giving the most talented drivers a chance to live their passion and delight the fans. Without manus the WRC becomes insignificant; we should be asking manus to get in and stay, not to leave.
    Rally addict since 1982

  2. Likes: Allez Andruet (9th June 2018),AnttiL (8th June 2018),BigWorm (8th June 2018),danon (8th June 2018),dnb (8th June 2018),EstWRC (8th June 2018),JTGANG (8th June 2018),pantealex (9th June 2018),steve.mandzij (8th June 2018),traxx (10th June 2018),TWRC (9th June 2018)
  3. #1502
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    369
    Like
    0
    Liked 134 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    For Godís sake, stop bashing Citroen just because they fired Meeke. Even the Brit journos that spent last year defending him recognized that Meeke has become a loose canon and there was no other choice for Citroen. Besides, you should take a look on your hero path: besides Opel on his first JWRC season and Mini in 2011, Citroen and Peugeot were the only brands supporting Meeke through his rally career; without the French he would probably have retired a long time ago.

    Btw, the WRC isnít about driver A or B; itís about the manus that choose to be part of this sport, giving the most talented drivers a chance to live their passion and delight the fans. Without manus the WRC becomes insignificant; we should be asking manus to get in and stay, not to leave.
    Citroen performance is now an complete embarrassment. They cant even blame the drivers now. without retriements they would be 8th and 9th. they cant even say they had 1 competitive time today. if they are trying to promote their brand.. it not working out too well. what part of that do you not get.

  4. #1503
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    599
    Like
    3
    Liked 361 Times in 192 Posts
    Competitive times
    1: https://www.ewrc-results.com/results...2018/?s=172256
    2: https://www.ewrc-results.com/results...2018/?s=172263
    3, so-so: https://www.ewrc-results.com/results...2018/?s=172257

    There`s nothing to catch anymore anyway, so why total cars in the process? Like Meeke and Loeb showed, it can be competitive.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 8th June 2018 at 19:50.

  5. Likes: pantealex (9th June 2018),Rally Power (8th June 2018)
  6. #1504
    Senior Member Rally Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,954
    Like
    2,237
    Liked 1,584 Times in 752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Citroen performance is now an complete embarrassment. They cant even blame the drivers now. without retriements they would be 8th and 9th. they cant even say they had 1 competitive time today. if they are trying to promote their brand.. it not working out too well. what part of that do you not get.
    It can be hard for you to understand: I’m not a Citroen fan, I’m a rally fan. Anyone can see they’re still struggling to be at the top but we all should be wishing they can get there asap and praise their efforts, instead of bashing them on a permanent basis.

    Btw, like Tarmop showed, the C3 can’t be so bad when Ostberg is able to do the same time of an Ogier in attack mode.
    Rally addict since 1982

  7. Likes: AnttiL (8th June 2018),gorganl2000 (9th June 2018),pantealex (9th June 2018)
  8. #1505
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,524
    Like
    348
    Liked 621 Times in 276 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Citroen performance is now an complete embarrassment. They cant even blame the drivers now. without retriements they would be 8th and 9th. they cant even say they had 1 competitive time today. if they are trying to promote their brand.. it not working out too well. what part of that do you not get.
    Does it hurt?

  9. Likes: EstWRC (8th June 2018)
  10. #1506
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    369
    Like
    0
    Liked 134 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danon View Post
    Does it hurt?
    That Citroen are like a rudderless ship? No. it actually quite funny.

  11. #1507
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    599
    Like
    3
    Liked 361 Times in 192 Posts
    Meeke developed-tested it...

    Just out of curiosity, how was Loeb able to win stages and lead with it in Mexico? First time on those stages, first time with new tires, first competitive start in a new generation WRC a long time after his last start in the series, with a co-driver most definitely enjoying his cuisine .
    Last edited by Tarmop; 8th June 2018 at 21:17.

  12. Likes: cali (10th June 2018),pantealex (9th June 2018)
  13. #1508
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    369
    Like
    0
    Liked 134 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Meeke developed-tested it...

    Just out of curiosity, how was Loeb able to win stages and lead with it in Mexico? First time on those stages, first time with new tires, first competitive start in a new generation WRC a long time after his last start in the series, with a co-driver most definitely enjoying his cuisine .
    Lets be clear.
    Loeb had 50% crash rate on his return.
    That in itself shows what you have to do to get times from the car.
    He had one goal. to win the rally. nothing else.
    He most likely had every conceivable upgrade to the car.
    He is the best ever driver to grace a rallycar.
    So yes, in certain areas it can be quick, but sporadically

    When Lappi and Toyota got into their stride, they cleaned the floor with Loeb and Citroen. Could you ever have thought that?

  14. #1509
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    599
    Like
    3
    Liked 361 Times in 192 Posts
    Don`t remember crashing in Mexico, only a puncture.

  15. #1510
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,214
    Like
    2,048
    Liked 2,077 Times in 946 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Don`t remember crashing in Mexico, only a puncture.
    Crash in Corsica, no crash in Mexico = 50% crash rate?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •