Page 138 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1615

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 356 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    In both cases, Meeke and the touring car Loeb episode, just shows the psa group to be as inconsistent as the handling of the c3.
    Yes, I'm a Brit and yes I'm a meeke fan. To be honest, I thought his days in shitroen were probably numbered at the end of the season, unless he had a run of good results.

He has had more than his share of bad luck, usually when fighting for the win or podium position. I think frustration has always got the better of him, which is why we see the crashes in the lower positions on the leaderboard.
    Given the way the team has been run, I think any driver in his position would feel added pressure, only running two cars on certain events, possibility of being dropped willy nilly, results led decision on remaining in the championship next year etc.

As for Kris being top three fastest drivers, I believe given the right tools it's certainly a possibility. 2016 was probably the only year where he had no pressure, in a car that development had stopped, was really the only serious challenger to Ogier, winning rallies and taken out of a couple while fighting for the lead, by some unfortunately placed rocks on the racing line.

I would like to see him in a fiesta, probably a better bet than Elfyn. Unfortunately age is against him so this will not become a reality I doubt.
    I think this is true, he can produce fast stage times and when the pressure was off him in 2016 he looked better than ever. But that also shows that when the pressure is on he falters. When you're contracted for a full season there's always at least a slight amount of pressure that you need to deliver for the sake of a championship, be it manu or drivers. Meeke himself said before Monte that everyone wants to win the championship, to do that as a driver you have to cope.

Sure the C3 is not state of the art, but that doesn't excuse him to bin it in the side of the road whenever it's not working as good as the other cars. He's a very brave man to push those limits, which is admirable, but he's also not very measured in his approach which hinders his potential success. By judging his history that won't change.

2. Likes: EstWRC (25th May 2018),TWRC (26th May 2018)
    Liked 607 Times in 292 Posts
    I'd say Meeke is in the top 4 in terms of being the fastest driver. Can you really argue?!

Ogier, Neuville, Tanak and Meeke.

Mikkelsen is proving in Hyundai what we already knew from years at VW, he's not top level in terms of raw pace. Jari has regressed and Lappi isn't there yet - give it time though.

Regardless, fastest driver doesn't mean best overall. That's always been Meeke's problem

4. Likes: BigWorm (25th May 2018),Fast Eddie WRC (25th May 2018)
    Liked 43 Times in 29 Posts
    Very good point Bigworm, and difficult to argue against that. Just thought that if he went to Msport, provided Ogier was still there, being a number two driver may mean less pressure, and a car that maybe doesn't need overdriving so much.

Let's not kid ourselves that the c3 is completely fixed. Loeb went well in it but still binned it, and Breen got 2nd in Sweden, with favourable road position, by admitted to chucking it into corners, not knowing if it would stick, and being surprised that it did.

6. Likes: er88 (25th May 2018)
    Liked 210 Times in 122 Posts
    I’m a Brit and as NI is part of the Union I obviously feel sad that this situation has unfolded in such a public manner. Having said that I think if it had been a driver of another nationality who was universally as liked within the sport (excluding this forum from that equation) then I would have felt the same.

Kris has had a pretty shitty time as well as golden opportunity in equal measure in the WRC. He was victim of the Prodrive/Mini debacle and then handed a big chance with Citroen and regardless of what you consider their commitment to be right now, developing a new gen WRC car was/is no small undertaking.

The problem seems to be that through lack of consistency in management and Kris’s approach to the task in hand that somewhere along the line a massive disconnect has occurred. I guess we will never fully know what has gone on behind the scenes however I cant for one minute believe that his shit or bust driving style hasn’t been sanctioned by team management at some point as they knew what they were getting when they signed him. I also can’t believe that Kris would have thought that his career would have been on the line either as his comments re Sardinia pan out.

Its odd that most of Citroens press releases have been incredibly polished however this one was really rushed and unprofessional which suggests a knee jerk reaction which is obviously coming back to haunt them.

Regards where both go from here I sadly think that Kris will have to look at another discipline of motorsport if he wishes to continue competing, World Rallycross would be a good fit as previously suggested. Citroen will be walking a tightrope now. They are publicly saying to any prospective driver that crashing is bad publicity yet have a car which has been up-ended by most if not all that have sat in it. Anyone who accepts the drive is going to naturally underperform as the stick is bigger than the carrot.
    If they offer the lead drive to Ostberg then I’m sorry it would be a joke as his performance on the last WRC highlights programme would suggest. He is obviously desperate to continue in the sport however one inherited win at the top level isn’t enough to cut it. It would be better for them to “promote” Craig to team lead as he been a loyal servant so far and ok so he knocked some corners off his car recently but he is the future and seems to understand the long game.

Overall a very sad development which is much more F1/Corporate than we have seen really in rallying so far. Wonder if JML is getting nervous? Oh I forgot he is a Finn with the right manager...

8. Likes: AndyRAC (25th May 2018),er88 (25th May 2018),Fast Eddie WRC (25th May 2018),Sulland (26th May 2018)
    Liked 356 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    I'd say Meeke is in the top 4 in terms of being the fastest driver. Can you really argue?!

Ogier, Neuville, Tanak and Meeke.

Mikkelsen is proving in Hyundai what we already knew from years at VW, he's not top level in terms of raw pace. Jari has regressed and Lappi isn't there yet - give it time though.

Regardless, fastest driver doesn't mean best overall. That's always been Meeke's problem
    And that's a really nice prospect, 4 different drivers competing for the title in 4 different cars. In stead it's down to 3.

Liked 289 Times in 144 Posts
    perhaps meeke can go to rallycross, i think he can do really well there.

11. Likes: Arnold Triyudho Wardono (25th May 2018),cali (25th May 2018),Sulland (26th May 2018)
    Liked 234 Times in 106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Fia rx instagram page actually commented to Meeke something like "Let's keep in touch" or something along those lines, maybe he can find drive there unless M-sport aint interested.

M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 4,341 Times in 2,310 Posts
    Sadly for all the great moments of...

There were at least 5 or 6 times as many...

The Incurable Enthusiast

Liked 134 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    I think this is true, he can produce fast stage times and when the pressure was off him in 2016 he looked better than ever. But that also shows that when the pressure is on he falters. When you're contracted for a full season there's always at least a slight amount of pressure that you need to deliver for the sake of a championship, be it manu or drivers. Meeke himself said before Monte that everyone wants to win the championship, to do that as a driver you have to cope.

Sure the C3 is not state of the art, but that doesn't excuse him to bin it in the side of the road whenever it's not working as good as the other cars. He's a very brave man to push those limits, which is admirable, but he's also not very measured in his approach which hinders his potential success. By judging his history that won't change.
    Don't underestimate his wins in 2016 were mainly thanks to good road position...

15. Likes: A FONDO (27th May 2018)
    Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 80 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    With Megane RX..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk