Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I laugh at these guys that say MORE ovals is an answer... LOLOL.. the last thing ICS needs is more ovals, don't you remember, breaking off of CART to an ALL oval series is what started the decline. Americans think ovals = nascar. More Phoenix's at TV rating 0.1 and 10,000 spectators- yeah that's a fix.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sadly, the list is long idk where to begin. I wrote on the tv deal now on the AR1 home page. When I began researching I knew it was bad, but it turned out to be so much worse than I thought.
    Brian Carroccio
    IndyCar Columnist, AutoRacing1.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPVguy
    the last thing ICS needs is more ovals, don't you remember, breaking off of CART to an ALL oval series is what started the decline.
    An all road course breakaway series would have had the exact same effect.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Saving the series is futile. Every ounce of energy should be focused on saving the Indy 500. If the Indy 500 dies, then they might as well sell the track to ISC and call it a day. It's sad that the Brickyard 400 will be the megalomaniacs only lasting accomplishment.
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPVguy
    I laugh at these guys that say MORE ovals is an answer... LOLOL.. the last thing ICS needs is more ovals, don't you remember, breaking off of CART to an ALL oval series is what started the decline. Americans think ovals = nascar. More Phoenix's at TV rating 0.1 and 10,000 spectators- yeah that's a fix.
    IndyCar was mostly all oval series over 70 years. The decline started when IndyCar turn an f1 ladder in the mid 80s.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by C3PO
    IndyCar was mostly all oval series over 70 years. The decline started when IndyCar turn an f1 ladder in the mid 80s.

Funny, the rise in attendance, TV ratings, and overall popularity of the sport that went on from the 80's into the mid 90's seem to indicate growth during that time, not a decline.

I don't understand why those who want to go back to before CART came into existence aren't happy. Before CART, you had a series that was completely centered around one race, along with some other races that no one paid any attention to. That is what you have now. Welcome to the 1970's.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DBell
    Funny, the rise in attendance, TV ratings, and overall popularity of the sport that went on from the 80's into the mid 90's seem to indicate growth during that time, not a decline.

I don't understand why those who want to go back to before CART came into existence aren't happy. Before CART, you had a series that was completely centered around one race, along with some other races that no one paid any attention to. That is what you have now. Welcome to the 1970's.
    And where is the chimpCARt now?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DBell

Long gone. Along with series like Can-Am and Group C sports car racing, great fun while it lasted, but now only memories.

Another thing those 3 series have in common is, though they've been gone for a long time, their current TV ratings are only .13 worse than the current IndyCar ratings. I'm sure they are keeping a spot warm next to them in oblivion for IndyCar.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    The owners merged Champ Car with the IRL. How did that work out?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    The owners merged Champ Car with the IRL.
    Merged? How many chimp car team still in the IndyCar? 1 or 2? It wasn't a real merger, Chimpycar simply died, because nobody watched it.