Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeppe
    Do you more, which events and when??
    Same calender for E-cup aswell, but i dont know wich rallys and when yet. I assume that it will start with Otepää winterrally and will end with end with Kärla ralli like this year. Also South-Estonian, Mulgi, Rapla and Hiiu rally are options.

Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
    Looking at last years regs that looks a very interesting prospect! I guess the roads are similar to Finland in Estonia?
    The only way on a leaderboard is up.....until you crash!!!!!

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    I know that Kalle Rovanpera will take part in Latvian championship next year.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad cat jnr
    Looking at last years regs that looks a very interesting prospect! I guess the roads are similar to Finland in Estonia?
    Roads are fast here just like in Finland, but gravel is sandy here and softer (expect islands) But i give you some onboards so you can see yourself how roads look like.

Kärla ralli: It was a gravel event SS3 Saaremaa E-Cup 2012 - YouTube
    Otepää Winterrally: Otepää talveralli 2012 SS1 (E-CUP) - YouTube
    sry, didnt find any videos from youngsters.

Re: Junior Rallying in Latvia

Well after a year of planning, Josh Cornwell (15) and myself (Joe Cruttenden) will be heading to Latvia in 2014; following in the footsteps of Tom Cave and Osain Pryce, we will be contesting a mixture of rallysprints and rallies as we try to gain experience that will be benefit us when Josh will be able to compete all over Europe.

For 2014, we will be hiring a Fiesta R2 off Baltic Motorsport Promotion, who run and manage the current R2 Champion of Latvia. Our first event will be the Aluksne Rallysprint on the 18th of January, but we will have 2 days of testing before hand in Norway with John Haugland and Guy Wilks to practice pacenotes and snow driving technique!

You can follow our progress on here and on www.facebook.com/joshcornwellrallying

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts

Nice to hear that, we will meet probably somewhere in 2014... Car will be prepared by Neiksans (the Father) from Bauska?

Please come and introduce yourself BR21, we will be doing all of the championship rounds in Latvia apart from the ERC round and Ralli Talsi.

And is that who prepares your car, or you asking me if that's who is preparing ours?

Many Thanks

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts

Dear Latvian members, please contact me via PM, I'm looking for a possibility to visit Rally Talsi this year and I'm in need of some advices...
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Well we had a very good weekend in Latvia! We finished the rally 19th overall, 2nd 2wd and 2nd in 2wd open class! By the end of the day we were matching the times of the class winner who is alot more experienced and in a 2 litre... here is our Press release:

Josh Cornwell and co-driver Joe Cruttenden sealed a second-place finish in their debut event in the 2014 Latvian Rallysprint Championship.

Cornwell, 15, and Cruttenden, 23, finished second in the two-wheel drive (2WD) class and 19th overall in the Aluksne Rally on Saturday 18th January.

Cornwell said: “I’m elated. I wouldn't be able to fault the car if I tried, it was superb. Everything about the rally was spot on! Our main objective for the rally was to finish, and any high position we finished in would be a bonus.”
    Cornwell and Cruttenden will go on to compete in more rounds of the Latvian Rallysprint Championships in a Ford Fiesta R2 after their promising debut.

The eight stages of the one-day event took place in snowy conditions around Aluksne, Latvia.

“Throughout the stages we were getting faster and faster, the car and its superb handling gave me great confidence to push harder and harder,” Cornwell added.

Co-driver Joe Cruttenden said: “Josh really put in a brilliant performance for his first event in Latvia, in tricky conditions. We’re both very happy with how our first event went, and we can’t wait for the next one.”

Cornwell admits his attack for second place in 2WD wasn’t without slight incident.
    “There were a few scary moments during the rally, one being at a junction where we briefly ended up on two wheels and another was during stage seven where I dropped a wheel off the road towards a big ditch, but I am glad to say it was all under control in the end,” he said.

A week prior to the Aluksne Rally, the pair completed a test at the John Haugland Rally School in Norway, in order to acclimatise to snowy and icy surfaces.

They have selected to compete in the Latvian championship as it permits competition from the age of 14. Their next event will be Rally Sarma in late February 2014.

The team is backed by Baltic Motorsport Promotion, PIAA UK, Hearns Joinery and Hearns Farm Supplies.

Please visit our facebook page www.facebook.com/joshcornwellrallying to see some incar.

Thanks