Page 2 of 107 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    These shooters have mental illnesses, so I think that psychological background checks should be more stringent.
    A reasonable suggestion.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The situation is really messed up in the sense that yes, we get pissed off, even our president says that we have to do something about it, some of us talk about stricter psychological background checks - but the fact is that this country is flooded with hundreds of millions of guns. Nearly half -- 47 percent -- of US homes own a fire arm. That's 120 - 150 million people.

Larry Bodine: Guns in America

Best estimates are about 45% or 52 million of American households owning 260 million guns.

That's a lot of guns.

How do we get them out of circulation?

'Beam them out Scotty" would be my answer but that aint happening.
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    Sadly, it is a price America has to pay for the right to own guns and it's for America to decide whether the price is too expensive or not.

That discussion will go on but for now, we should just remember that yet again, a murderer has taken innocent young lives for their own criminally selfish reasons. It's hopelessly sad but we will have another one in 6 months or so.
    I suppose you would have preferred explosives - your comment is unwarranted rubbish
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Quote Originally Posted by race aficionado
    The situation is really messed up in the sense that yes, we get pissed off, even our president says that we have to do something about it, some of us talk about stricter psychological background checks - but the fact is that this country is flooded with hundreds of millions of guns. Nearly half -- 47 percent -- of US homes own a fire arm. That's 120 - 150 million people.

Larry Bodine: Guns in America

Best estimates are about 45% or 52 million of American households owning 260 million guns.

That's a lot of guns.

How do we get them out of circulation?

'Beam them out Scotty" would be my answer but that aint happening.
    Race the problem is much deeper that guns. If you take the guns they will use explosives like in the middle east and parts of EU. First check in all of these horrific events should be a thorough investigation of drug usage especially meth. Remember Race guns are banned in Mexico - 60,000 dead because we want drugs. I hope we get a very good report on this cowards background.

I pray for the families
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamy
    Race the problem is much deeper that guns. If you take the guns they will use explosives like in the middle east and parts of EU. First check in all of these horrific events should be a thorough investigation of drug usage especially meth. Remember Race guns are banned in Mexico - 60,000 dead because we want drugs. I hope we get a very good report on this cowards background.

I pray for the families
    You are right fousto, the problem is bigger than guns.
    This situation has hit me harder than usual. Being a dad could be it, or the fact that this happened close by . . . . The fact is that it is happening too often and we are in a mad, mad, mad world.
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

How many young children have been killed by religion. Little children have one thing in common they just like to play and have fun. No matter what race or location. What do we do so wrong in raising our children.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by race aficionado
    You are right fousto, the problem is bigger than guns.
    Guns help though. I for instance have never heard of a drive-by stabbing for instance.

The problem is indeed bigger than guns. The problem is a basic lack of self-control. Most people have trouble limiting the use of forks near their face.

How come the mythical NRA concealed-carry heat-packing hero never seems to be where the maniac with the assault rifle is?

This is entirely telling:
    http://tobacco.health.usyd.edu.au/as...uryPrevent.pdf
    In the 18 years before the gun law reforms, there were 13 mass shootings in Australia, and none in the 10.5 years afterwards
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo

How come the mythical NRA concealed-carry heat-packing hero never seems to be where the maniac with the assault rifle is?
    Gun owners tend to be responsible and law abiding. Most state and localities have strict no-firearms laws for schools. Figure it out yet?

There is a reason why places with strict anti-gun laws like Chicago, Detroit and Oakland have high Violent crime or Murder rates. Criminals are usually cowards. Just like the Newtown shooter. Tough guy attacking an Elementary School.

And for those who say it is an American thing because of our love of freedom.....Forget this one already? Norway massacre: A timeline of the attacks that horrified a nation - Telegraph

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    And for those who say it is an American thing because of our love of freedom.....Forget this one already? Norway massacre: A timeline of the attacks that horrified a nation - Telegraph
    No, but I have forgotten the regular shootings that occur in Norwegian schools — because they, unlike in the US, have never happened.