Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia mia moma mia
    Why didn`t Jenson got the award last year when he clearly beated Lewis in points?
    Why don't you do a little research before putting your foot in your pie-hole my man? mash: ]Button picked up the ‘British Competition Driver of the Year’ award in recognition of his three Grand Prix victories and twelve podium finishes he earned in a year where he finished best of the rest behind the all-conquering Sebastian Vettel.
    2011 AUTOSPORT Awards winners honoured[/QUOTE]
    May the forza be with you

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRaiden
    While your engineering (as far as Formula 1 goes) is still top notch, you're just not producing enough good drivers as before. Based on their 2012 form, IMO Lewis is the only top tier British driver in Formula 1 today.
    It's a matter of dynamics. Before the 80s there had only been Graf Berghe von Trips and Jochen Maas, who had shown that German drivers could do anything of notice in F1. There were a couple drivers in the 80s (Bellof, Schneider, Winkelhock), but they were mainly in minnow teams and Belloff died too early.
    Even in the early nineties Bernie said what F1 needed was a black driver, a lady driver and a German champion. As always in life, be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.
    In the late 80s, Mercedes started a young drivers program. The result of that were Schumacher, Frentzen and Wendlinger, Fässler, Franchitti and Heidfeld. Mercedes even paid most of the money for Schumacher's seat at Jordan.
    Well, we all know how it went. Schumacher went on to 7 titles and he set off an avalanche. Kids were swamping the karting clubs. Notable members of that generation are Hülkenberg, Glock, Sutil, Winkelhock, Lauda, Rosberg and Vettel. We had times in the last decade where we had five Germans on the grid, while before the Germans were as rare as Jamaicans in F1. What Britain needs is a clear star driver, one who gets multiple titles and the kiddies will return to karting by the ship load. Look at the Spaniards - we see more of them lately, don't we.
    Give it two more Lewis titles and the Brits will be back in numbers with young talent.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    It's a matter of dynamics. Before the 80s there had only been Graf Berghe von Trips and Jochen Maas, who had shown that German drivers could do anything of notice in F1. There were a couple drivers in the 80s (Bellof, Schneider, Winkelhock), but they were mainly in minnow teams and Belloff died too early.
    Even in the early nineties Bernie said what F1 needed was a black driver, a lady driver and a German champion. As always in life, be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.
    In the late 80s, Mercedes started a young drivers program. The result of that were Schumacher, Frentzen and Wendlinger, Fässler, Franchitti and Heidfeld. Mercedes even paid most of the money for Schumacher's seat at Jordan.
    Well, we all know how it went. Schumacher went on to 7 titles and he set off an avalanche. Kids were swamping the karting clubs. Notable members of that generation are Hülkenberg, Glock, Sutil, Winkelhock, Lauda, Rosberg and Vettel. We had times in the last decade where we had five Germans on the grid, while before the Germans were as rare as Jamaicans in F1. What Britain needs is a clear star driver, one who gets multiple titles and the kiddies will return to karting by the ship load. Look at the Spaniards - we see more of them lately, don't we.
    Give it two more Lewis titles and the Brits will be back in numbers with young talent.
    Speaking of Spaniards, I havent checked the progress of Sainz jr, I am very much looking forward to seeing him at top level.

And, no, I diddnt agree with autosports descision either!
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Formula 1 team bosses vote Fernando Alonso as best driver of 2012 - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Well it appears you have to go to team bosses to get a reasonably accurate picture of the drivers this year. I'd personally have rated Hamilton ahead of Vettel myself but it's good to see him get some recognition for a season where the championship slipping from his was completely out of his control.I don't understand how Felipe got into the top ten but undoubtedly I don't think anyone can really argue against who sits in the number 1 slot:

1. Fernando Alonso 269
    2. Sebastian Vettel 198
    3. Lewis Hamilton 177
    4. Kimi Raikkonen 176
    5. Jenson Button 104
    6. Mark Webber 66
    7. Nico Hulkenberg 50
    8. Nico Rosberg 30
    9. Sergio Perez 30
    10. Felipe Massa 27

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Indeed. I would agree with the number one with Hamilton a whisker behind Fernando in second place. After the season Lewis has had its great to see him appreciated and its clear even the team bosses see this. If Lewis drives like that every season from now on, he's got no worries about another title.
    indeed
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    Formula 1 team bosses vote Fernando Alonso as best driver of 2012 - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Well it appears you have to go to team bosses to get a reasonably accurate picture of the drivers this year. I'd personally have rated Hamilton ahead of Vettel myself but it's good to see him get some recognition for a season where the championship slipping from his was completely out of his control.I don't understand how Felipe got into the top ten but undoubtedly I don't think anyone can really argue against who sits in the number 1 slot:

1. Fernando Alonso 269
    2. Sebastian Vettel 198
    3. Lewis Hamilton 177
    4. Kimi Raikkonen 176
    5. Jenson Button 104
    6. Mark Webber 66
    7. Nico Hulkenberg 50
    8. Nico Rosberg 30
    9. Sergio Perez 30
    10. Felipe Massa 27
    Exactly the same top 5 as James Allen picked:
    My Top 5 Drivers of 2012James Allen on F1

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Indeed. I would agree with the number one with Hamilton a whisker behind Fernando in second place. After the season Lewis has had its great to see him appreciated and its clear even the team bosses see this. If Lewis drives like that every season from now on, he's got no worries about another title.
    Looks like he's a whisker behind Vettel, not Alonso. No question about his abilities, yet moving to Mercedes leaves some doubt about whether another title will come. At least with Mercedes.
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight

1. Fernando Alonso 269
    2. Sebastian Vettel 198
    3. Lewis Hamilton 177
    4. Kimi Raikkonen 176
    5. Jenson Button 104
    6. Mark Webber 66
    7. Nico Hulkenberg 50
    8. Nico Rosberg 30
    9. Sergio Perez 30
    10. Felipe Massa 27
    Was waiting for this to come out. Allen's blog mirrors this, so what else can one say about Alonso being number one? We all knew it. I'd say he got robbed at the FIA awards.
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent