Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    I wonder if performance equalisation actually puts off potential works entrants. Why would a company want to show off their engineering brilliance if they are just going to be handicapped?
    Well, this pretty much says it all as to where the BTCC is at: MG team boss Ian Harrison welcomes BTCC rules tweaks - BTCC news - AUTOSPORT.com

'I think you've got to have something - all the engines are different and if you've got one that's not as good for development you're in trouble for a whole season', says Ian Harrison. To which my response is, 'So?'

Far more sensible are the comments of Steve Neal: Honda boss unconvinced by British Touring Car rule tweaks for 2013 - BTCC news - AUTOSPORT.com

Quote Originally Posted by IceWizard
    It has reached the point where I enjoy the spectacle of an F1 race more than the BTCC, something that I didn't think I'd ever be saying back in the mid nineties.
    I might feel the same were it not for DRS, something I consider far more absurd than any BTCC boost adjustments.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I might feel the same were it not for DRS, something I consider far more absurd than any BTCC boost adjustments.
    I like DRS when it's used sensibly, to negate the effect of following in the dirty air on the approach to a decent overtaking corner, but not when it's on a 1km straight and a driver can simply breeze past.

But I digress...
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    I like DRS when it's used sensibly, to negate the effect of following in the dirty air on the approach to a decent overtaking corner, but not when it's on a 1km straight and a driver can simply breeze past.

But I digress...
    I don't watch, or follow, F1. It's just aerospace technology used in reverse on the ground.
    Nissan Racing Micra - :smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've already dropped my support for the BTCC as of next year ever, before the stupid soft tyre and equalised rule was announced. last two years have been manufactured racing. i dont want to see manufactured racing. i want real honest door to door racing. ill start going to more club racing meetings
    Rickard Rydell 2011 STCC CHAMPION!!! :D

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tixy54
    I don't watch, or follow, F1. It's just aerospace technology used in reverse on the ground.
    Why is that a problem?

I don't get why people don't follow F1 at the minute, arguably the racing this year has been more interesting than the BTCC (every touring car race I watched seem to settle into a bit of procession after 6 or 7 laps). There has also been some truly great racing between drivers over the last few seasons, like last year when Button and Hamilton had a great battle in Turkey.

As for boost in the BTCC, well they have to try something that's going to minimise the amount of whinging and moaning from Plato, Neal and Shedden, they've made such a fuss between them over the last few years that it's become a bit of a joke series IMO., more so than if they start messing around with the rules.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan
    Why is that a problem?

I don't get why people don't follow F1 at the minute, arguably the racing this year has been more interesting than the BTCC (every touring car race I watched seem to settle into a bit of procession after 6 or 7 laps).
    You must of been watching the WTCC, i dont recall the BTCC having any races with any procession
    Rickard Rydell 2011 STCC CHAMPION!!! :D

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

C'mon, Really BTCC?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurotech
    Maybe the plan is to slow everyone else down, so Andy Neate'll be out front on his own so he can't hit anyone...
    Neate winning a race? Hey, remember that he will face competition from Liam Griffin and Chris James... for most crashes, quite possibly.

Forget Plato, Neal, and Shedden having at it at the front and wowing the crowds with their amazing driving ability! AlfaFan is reasonably upset; I know what he must be thinking. Leave it to the driver's TRUE ABILITY, not the SPEED AND MAXIMUM CAPABILITIES OF THE CAR. That is what proper touring cars are, the display of talents of drivers and teams... I don't see even the DTM making modifications to favor drivers who apparently drive slower than their grandmother!

I know that in F1, the teams make modifications to their car to make them faster, and sometimes a certain team dominates the series, but a series organization making the most infuriating and ridiculous rules just to favor glorified club racers is utter crap. Is BTCC hitting the self-destruct button by taking these actions? I sure do feel that way. I know the big names and manufacturers are not present any more, but seriously?
    If this is saw fit by the leading organization here, why not have all forms of sports do this? Hey, why not take the Premier League,
    and subtract 2 points from the points the winning team earns in every won match to support the losing team? Sorry, but I am very sure that will disgust all the fans. Please, keep the level playing field, forget this silly rule, and banish the idea from ever being introduced into the series.

I wonder how some of the top drivers feel about this, I'd be interested to hear their opinion.

Sorry if I am too harsh on saying this...
    :champion: 1990 BTCC-CHAMPION w/ 207 points and 9 race wins :burnout:
    :champion: 1997 BTCC-Total Cup for Privateer's CHAMPION :burnout:

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    BMW dominated 1993
    Alfa Romeo dominated 1994
    Audi dominated 1996
    Renault dominated 1997
    Nissan dominated 1999

Yet, all five season were classic seasons and full of entertaining racing, with high quality drivers and teams.

Sadly, Gow now wants to avoid ever having "domination" by equalizing cars, having reverse grids, short races and loads of other amateurish bollocks.

I turned off mid-way through 2011, it will take major changes - a return to realistic racing rules - to get me back on side.
    Niente č vero, tutto č permesso

Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    BMW dominated 1993
    Alfa Romeo dominated 1994
    Audi dominated 1996
    Renault dominated 1997
    Nissan dominated 1999

Yet, all five season were classic seasons and full of entertaining racing, with high quality drivers and teams.
    Wouldn't say 'classic'. 'In the past' doesn't equate to 'classic'. In my view, 1993 and '97 in particular were rather dull seasons compared with, say, '95 and '98. But I digress.