Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    "But could I, on equal terms, be Champion against him? I'm pretty sure I could."
    Note the use of the words "on equal terms", because clearly we know Rubens didn't become champion at Ferrari.
    "But Michael didn't have bad days, and I did have some - I still do, so I have to overcome them."
    It's not often a driver admits his own weaknesses so credit to Rubens for that, but if he hasn't done so after 233 GP's he's unlikely to eliminate those bad days now.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Obviously Rubens is clever enough as to admit that Schumacher was supreme in his driving, but I also find interesting the use of "in equal terms" it leaves an open door to speculation.

I think he was not as good as Schumacher but he deserves credit for admitting he has bad days, as Arrows is not very often that drivers are so sincere.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Donney
    Obviously Rubens is clever enough as to admit that Schumacher was supreme in his driving, but I also find interesting the use of "in equal terms" it leaves an open door to speculation.
    Its not interesting, its a given. Its something every driver would say. And even should say.

Thats why JV thinks he´s the fastest. Thats why Montoya thinks he´s the fastest. Thats why... you name it.

Heck, I think even DC thinks he would be the fastest. If he only had equal terms.

And if there werent those bloody Finns, of course.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    << ...recently asked by F1 Racing mgazine if he ever thought he wasn't as good as Schumacher, Barrichello said: "Never!"

He did, however, concede that there were some aspects of grand prix racing where Schumacher was a cut above everyone else.

"But I'll never be as good as him on an out-lap. He was supreme - the speed he had there was something that you wouldn't believe," he continued.

"But could I, on equal terms, be Champion against him? I'm pretty sure I could.

"But Michael didn't have bad days, and I did have some - I still do, so I have to overcome them." >>

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...028908,00.html

I think this is a very honest statement from Rubens.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout