Brc 2013

First in, Jukka Korhonen + Citroen DS3 R3T

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Surely a contender for the title.

Liked 301 Times in 212 Posts
    Is Korhonen the "Pirelli Junior Driver" for 2013

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    JK Rally Team » Korhonen vows to win 2013 BRC

Reigning MSA British Rally Championship Pirelli Star Driver Jukka Korhonen has announced today that he aims to be the first Finn to win the BRC since Marko Ipatti in 2000. The declaration came at the launch of his 2013 programme at the Helsinki Finnish Motorsport Show, where he unveiled the Citroën DS3 R3T in which he and co-driver Marko Salminen plan to make their assault on the championship.
    The 28 year old from Siikajarvi will contest all seven rounds of the BRC, as well as Rally Finland, at the wheel of the DS3 run by the UK’s Autosport Technology, the team behind Keith Cronin’s 2012 BRC title.

Bringing plenty of rallying experience, he first competed in the British Rally Championship in 2011, when a one-off appearance on the Pirelli Rally was sufficient to secure him a place in the Pirelli Star Driver Shootout – proving his pace there with victory.

Now, with a season at the wheel of his Pirelli-funded Skoda under his belt, he says that he is ready for a title assault:

- My focus next year will be the British Championship. It is an important step to move forward in rallying and I am looking forward to driving the Citroën DS3 and working with Autosport Technology. They have proved many times that they can win and I think together we can take the title.

- I have made my first test with DS3 on gravel and the feeling of the car was impressive. Now I know why these cars were quite much faster than R2 class cars I drove this year.

1999 British Rally Champion driver Tapio Laukkanen was at the launch and said:

- We Finns have been drawn to rallying in Britain for many years and I think it is still the best domestic championship in the world. The move to two wheel drive has revitalised the series and I believe that it is the best place for up and coming drivers.

- I obviously hope that Jukka can add his name to the trophy. It has been a long time since me, Kaj (Lindström) and Marko (Ipatti) won and even longer for Pentti (Airikkala), Hannu (Mikkola) and Ari (Vatanen).
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly
    First in, Jukka Korhonen + Citroen DS3 R3T

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Surely a contender for the title.
    Mmmm, *rubs chin* not if Elfyn Evans and Keith Cronin are competing, although Jukka looked to be on the same pace as Cave and Price when I saw him on the Pirelli and the Trackrod. Possibly EE and KC will focus on ERC if they can get a budget.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Keith Cronin & Elfyn Evans hopefully won’t be in the BRC – they’ve moved on from that – they should be doing International events. And, what’s happened to Bogie??

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Keith Cronin & Elfyn Evans hopefully won’t be in the BRC – they’ve moved on from that – they should be doing International events. And, what’s happened to Bogie??
    Exactly, no point in doing BRC again, the pair need to get on the boat to Europe.

Liked 301 Times in 212 Posts
    Have you got names of irish/british drivers interested in the 208 R2 for 2013 BRC campaign

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    Mmmm, *rubs chin* not if Elfyn Evans and Keith Cronin are competing, although Jukka looked to be on the same pace as Cave and Price when I saw him on the Pirelli and the Trackrod. Possibly EE and KC will focus on ERC if they can get a budget.
    I assume Evans will be doing the SWRC (or should I say WRC-2) in 2013 so no value in running in the BRC next year.....

WT
    Winner 2012 F1 Fantasy Racers at fantasyracers.com. Winner 2013 FGP.

Never stop believing...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello, we have interview Tom Cave. You can read the interview in English and Italian at Rally.it

Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    Mark Donnely will drive the Pirelli Citroen DS3 R3T next year!
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews