Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gt1 Alms 2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I seem to recall a Ferrari winning the GT2 class at Laguna... Some guy named Mika Salo co-drove that thing. How boring.

ALMS may have some problems, but they are growing. P2 is gonna be a blast next year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    P2 will be the best class for racing next year, hopefully, then GT2, P1, and GT1.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So, supposedly Rickard Rydell is lined up to drive for Aston Martin then. That's interesting!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Time has ticked on and still nothing is known. This is most distressing.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    All 4 Aston Martin drivers have signed elsewhere.

That's really bad...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There must be a dozen or so DBR9s in existence? At this stage. not one of them looks as though they will enter ALMS... it would appear they must all be looking at doing either LMES or FIA GT.
    I suppose somebody may yet realise that by entering GT1 ALMS they can get a guaranteed invite to Le Mans 2008. That's IF there is going to be a GT1 class in ALMS of course.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if Aston Martin is not going to race, Corvette will most likely be headed to LMES
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What do the rules say about classes? How many entrants must there be to constitute a 'class'? Could there be a 'class' if just two entrants took part?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Subaru, I don't care to watch half the cars in GT2/3. They are fun only when they are not being passed by the prototypes and the GT-1's.

GT-1 though maybe going the way of a do-do bird. I like Penske's idea, one GT class, one Prototype class and see what happens.

As for Corvette pulling out, articles and interviews with Ron Fellows in the local papers have not even brought up the subject, and Ron would say what was going on if there was an issue. He was pretty vocal last year about how the Aston's were given a lot of advantages the Pratt and Miller boys with the Vette's were unhappy about. This year, I have heard nothing.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    here is Oliver Gavin's interview with the issue: http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/alms/34761/

Also Zytek maybe going to a GT class
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56261