Page 229 of 230 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230 LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2292
  1. #2281
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,030
    Like
    955
    Liked 2,033 Times in 635 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Is this normal in Belgium?
    In most events not. Problem is that Condroz attracts enormous crowds and the organizers cannot handle them. Pretty much like Rally Poland for example. What you saw there also isnt normal in other Polish events.

    Some crazy pass from Lefebvre: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...04937102914778

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn EML-L29 met Tapatalk

  2. Likes: dimviii (4th November 2018),focus206 (4th November 2018),Mirek (4th November 2018),Rally Power (4th November 2018),the sniper (4th November 2018)
  3. #2282
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    747
    Like
    357
    Liked 325 Times in 179 Posts
    Wow, some really dangerous spots folk are stood. Great round for advertising Citroens though, well done Lefebvre on taking on the locals; hope to see him back in Ypres with that C3 next year.
    aka Rodger Davies

  4. #2283
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,770
    Like
    165
    Liked 1,121 Times in 610 Posts
    So the theory from belgium is that one of the mechanics in the team tried to cheat with fuel and put some additives into Meeke's fuel which destroyed the engine.

    Anyone has more info? Sounds a bit crazy to me.

  5. #2284
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,382
    Like
    408
    Liked 863 Times in 359 Posts
    First thing I heared about that.
    Car came from Metior btw.
    www.wrcpickem.weebly.com

  6. #2285
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,030
    Like
    955
    Liked 2,033 Times in 635 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    So the theory from belgium is that one of the mechanics in the team tried to cheat with fuel and put some additives into Meeke's fuel which destroyed the engine.

    Anyone has more info? Sounds a bit crazy to me.
    LOL. I really cannot imagine that, especially as it's an Italian team. I think it is very likely that the team (Metior Sport) made a very cheap price for Meeke, to be able to promote their team/cars. The car was completely rebuilt before the event. It's interesting to note that in Belgium all teams must use the same fuel (https://gutts.be/product/hiperflo-tu...v2-refuel-brc/), which is Carless Hiperflo. So mapping has to be changed for the fuel they use, maybe it wasn't perfect? However 2 other Metior cars were competing and they both finished without issues. In an interview on stage just after his retirement, Meeke said "we don't know the cause, but it looks like IT has dumped all the water." I think the reason for retirement is broken radiator, which can be caused by some impact. +-2km before he retired, he had this moment (video: https://www.facebook.com/nathan.blan...7942260528428/) where he went off in a field but was able to continue. He didn't visibly hit something, but in the past we've seen it doesn't take much to perforate or crack a radiator... So the story you heard is almost certainly made up by someone who has a lot of fantasy.

  7. #2286
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,382
    Like
    408
    Liked 863 Times in 359 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    LOL. I really cannot imagine that, especially as it's an Italian team. I think it is very likely that the team (Metior Sport) made a very cheap price for Meeke, to be able to promote their team/cars. The car was completely rebuilt before the event. It's interesting to note that in Belgium all teams must use the same fuel (https://gutts.be/product/hiperflo-tu...v2-refuel-brc/), which is Carless Hiperflo. So mapping has to be changed for the fuel they use, maybe it wasn't perfect? However 2 other Metior cars were competing and they both finished without issues. In an interview on stage just after his retirement, Meeke said "we don't know the cause, but it looks like IT has dumped all the water." I think the reason for retirement is broken radiator, which can be caused by some impact. +-2km before he retired, he had this moment (video: https://www.facebook.com/nathan.blan...7942260528428/) where he went off in a field but was able to continue. He didn't visibly hit something, but in the past we've seen it doesn't take much to perforate or crack a radiator... So the story you heard is almost certainly made up by someone who has a lot of fantasy.
    I was there, the smoke was already there on the straight before this corner.
    www.wrcpickem.weebly.com

  8. #2287
    Armchair General Mirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Prague / Eastern Bohemia
    Posts
    19,280
    Like
    4,887
    Liked 6,282 Times in 2,613 Posts
    From the photo it looks like a white smoke, i.e. likely a coolant.


    I don't believe the story about the fuel either.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

  9. Likes: tommeke_B (5th November 2018)
  10. #2288
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,030
    Like
    955
    Liked 2,033 Times in 635 Posts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=P...&v=4mU96uA8ClQ

    Happy I was spectating from the back there...

  11. Likes: dimviii (6th November 2018),Mirek (6th November 2018),the sniper (6th November 2018)
  12. #2289
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    19,518
    Like
    6,320
    Liked 9,440 Times in 4,301 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=P...&v=4mU96uA8ClQ

    Happy I was spectating from the back there...
    and one from different angle
    https://twitter.com/OpensTightens/st...27389557702656

  13. #2290
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,770
    Like
    165
    Liked 1,121 Times in 610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=P...&v=4mU96uA8ClQ

    Happy I was spectating from the back there...
    Imagine if that happened on one of the places where spectators were right next to the road on the outside of corners.


    Seen this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpjWZN1wT2c

    It's almost like Portugal in the 80s

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •