Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anthony, I believe you have struck the main reason why they will never find a suitable replacement. "......why is anyone wasting their time with IndyCar?" Any business wise person would have to have a golden parachute of major dollars to want anything to do with IndyCar. The odds of failure are so great why would anyone want that on their resume?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    So by your logic Randy Bernard has had no success in the series. If you take it further then why is anyone wasting their time with IndyCar?

BTW Nobody has raised the Titanic because nobody has paid anyone to do so.
    you are the CART Strret race supporter who called him a failure

this all becoming too comical to take seriously

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This whole thing is a joke. Ok, the last couple of years have not been controversy-free and there are certainly things that in hindsight should have been done differently (Vegas, Loudon, engines etc). But overall he's done a pretty good job at trying to stabilise the series and reduce the losses, and while things are still very difficult and uncertain, I don't blame Bernard for that. Really, every time something goes slightly wrong there's just been the constant whispering that he'd be replaced as a result of it, which really defeats the object of a series trying to find stable ground. I don't even think that this is fuelled by the media or comments on forums such as this - Hulman Co had all year to defend Bernard but just kept quiet or released press comments along the lines of "no, he's not been fired, yet." I also think that this year's had some great races, though shame about the coverage.

So, now what? George back in charge by April? Return to moronic pack racing? Or is the series just going to fold?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    just seen the news at Autosport- these people are idiots- getting rid of the one person that's been able to do something to improve IndyCar's position....well I've watched CART destroy itself through incompetence, seen the creation of the Irrelevant Racing League, since TG's "visiion" fail completely, seen a partial re-birth in 2012 and now this... so how long before the Idiot is back in charge again and it finally gets flushed down the toilet once and for all- epic fail on behalf of the "brain trust" at Indy speedway

loved Robin Miller's rant over at Speed.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Wilbur Shaw and Tony Hulman saved IMS, it seems like Mr. Hulman's descendents are doing their best to make it irrelevant. How very sad.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have nothing to add except my frustration, what f*&King douchbags!!
    V11 Bassa

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    OMG! I can't stop laughing at the idiots -

i just fucking shot myself - YouTube
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by djparky
    just seen the news at Autosport- these people are idiots- getting rid of the one person that's been able to do something to improve IndyCar's position....well I've watched CART destroy itself through incompetence, seen the creation of the Irrelevant Racing League, since TG's "visiion" fail completely, seen a partial re-birth in 2012 and now this... so how long before the Idiot is back in charge again and it finally gets flushed down the toilet once and for all- epic fail on behalf of the "brain trust" at Indy speedway

loved Robin Miller's rant over at Speed.
    George's IndyCar offer was attempt to remove board

Tony George was not trying to regain control of IndyCar for himself in his recent attempt to purchase the series he founded.
    His motives were apparently to separate the series from Indianapolis Motor Speedway and bring in a new board of directors.
    The Associated Press on Monday obtained a copy of George's five-page proposal to the Hulman & Co. board of directors. In it, the group ICS Acquisition proposes a management team take over IndyCar's operations and create a sanctioning agreement with IMS to run the Indianapolis 500.

George would only have been a board member in the proposal that expired Oct. 15.
    No other IndyCar team owners were part of the proposal, which offered $5 million cash and proof of $25 million in reserves for stabilization of the series.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    I had thought that IndyCar had maybe three to five years before it faded into oblivion, but I now think that its lifespan is more akin to one -- or maybe, with luck -- two years.

As for the Memorial Day Weekend race at the IMS, it could run -- at least for a time -- as pretty much a stand-alone event, not very much different than how it operated many decades ago.

As for IndyCar, it could disappear tomorrow and few outside the teeny-tiny group that are still aware of its existence would even notice.

Since the war started in 1994 with the formation of the IRL, this sort of racing has been headed for oblivion. The only surprise is that it has taken longer than most may have anticipated.

That it has come to this should not be a surprise. I do not think that history will be kind to Tony George...
    Popular memory is not history.... -- Gordon Wood

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Capps
    As for the Memorial Day Weekend race at the IMS, it could run -- at least for a time -- as pretty much a stand-alone event, not very much different than how it operated many decades ago.
    One year maybe. The second year, if any, would be a ghost of an Indy 500. No third year.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover