Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quinn also say FMC had the right cut contract a year early. Wonder if any performance targets were not met?

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv
    That's very... unexpected. I know it has cross-Atlantic interest, unlike WRC, but the competition there is none I think, except private drivers Perhaps GRC is about to become something really big
    Its now under the banner of img if my memory serves me correctly, or possibly I'm thinking of an fia rallycRoss series. In short, serious promotion.

http://www.rallycrossworld.com/2012/...unch-date-set/

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by gravelman
    Its now under the banner of img if my memory serves me correctly, or possibly I'm thinking of an fia rallycRoss series. In short, serious promotion.

FIA championship launch date set | RallycrossWorld.com
    No its the European RallyCross series that has now been given FIA status and a promotion deal with IMG. The American Global Rallycross series and X Games are different but they have agreed to work together that there are no calendar clashes.

Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts
    it's all about driving fast

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    I don't think GRC is a replacement for WRC. The costs are by far not as high as running a WRC programme.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear
    I don't think GRC is a replacement for WRC. The costs are by far not as high as running a WRC programme.
    Hell no. These are quite different motor sport disciplines, in terms of costs, terrain, program, etc., perhaps only the cars look the same (only look), and that's it. I wonder shouldn't FIA do something about promoting WRC more globally as Ford seem to see the future in such less attractive sport.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    No its the European RallyCross series that has now been given FIA status and a promotion deal with IMG. The American Global Rallycross series and X Games are different but they have agreed to work together that there are no calendar clashes.
    Rallycross has had FIA status for 40 years now, it is just that now for the first time they have a promotor for the European Championship. You are correct that the Global Rallycross / X-Games is another championship altogether. Rallycross will be exploding next year with two well promoted rival championships.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallye-vid
    What fantastic news! Now we can watch people drive around in 6 parking lots instead of watching them drive around in 3 parking lots! 6 is 50% more.....I can hardly wait.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    Rallycross has had FIA status for 40 years now, it is just that now for the first time they have a promotor for the European Championship. You are correct that the Global Rallycross / X-Games is another championship altogether. Rallycross will be exploding next year with two well promoted rival championships.
    The 2 series may both be "well promoted' but one has real action, and dirt flying, and real circuits. The other has promotion..
    only thing that will be exploding over here is the heads of those who try and explain how the "show" over here is only stealing a name and pushing something bearing scant similarity to rally cross as it has been known for decades..

Once again "only in America"
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    When these Americans are about to civilize themselves
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI