Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    An honourable mention goes a Mattie Taylor of Portsmouth for his stunning volley against Everton. I've seen people lob goalkeepers from that distance, and I've seen Ivan Campo score from a similar length with a daisy cutter, but I've never seen anyone strike one on the volley from that far out. Phenomenal.

Guernsey, a very expensive rock to live on.
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    An honourable mention goes a Mattie Taylor of Portsmouth for his stunning volley against Everton. I've seen people lob goalkeepers from that distance, and I've seen Ivan Campo score from a similar length with a daisy cutter, but I've never seen anyone strike one on the volley from that far out. Phenomenal.
    Just seen it on MOTD, great goal.
    real cars only power the rear wheels.
    Loeb for World Champion.(Again)
    Andy Priaulx for World Champion.(Again)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    Don't be so sure pino....Barcelona crossed the difficult hurdles of qualifying for knock-outs and by the time (Feb) Etoó and Messi will be back

Real are playing some decent stuff this time round with Ronaldo scoring goals again and defensively they are better. ( )
    If Real win the Champions League, i will eat my wolves shirt :

Have to Agree Pino, Lyon looking strong, but Lyon look strong every year recently then go screw it up.

On the Matty Taylor Goal, Pure Genius, i dont think you will ever see a better volley hit than that, fantastic.
    If England ever perform at a World Cup, make sure you wake me up :p:
    Steven Gerrard- Modern Day Hero (On his day :p: )

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oily... do me a favour and pop down the turrets will you? If you could just install some anti-sven devices around the ground - just in case the blighter tries to sneak in and take residence in Mr Pardews vacant office.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funks
    Oily... do me a favour and pop down the turrets will you? If you could just install some anti-sven devices around the ground - just in case the blighter tries to sneak in and take residence in Mr Pardews vacant office.
    Don't panic old chap I just heard on radio 5 from none other than Svens agent that he will NOT be joining The Hammers.

So Pards gets the order of the boot. Yet another decent, hard working guy stabbed in the back due to the lack of application from the boys on the business side of the touchline.
    Perhaps if messrs Reo Coker, Harewood and Zamora had shown the same enthusiasm on the park as they clearly do in various gents outfitters and trendy London fleshpots we'd be a lot higher in the table and Pardew would still have a job to go to.
    I'm not alone in my opinion either. I've just come from the unofficial Hammers forum and the place is seething with rage at the new owners and awash with sympathy for Pardew who is widely perceived as being let down by his players.
    Well it's Man u at home next week and I guarantee you that most if not all of the 2 bob lightweights and show ponies that have disgraced the shirt recently will give the performance of their lives as they bask in the limelight which the so called "glamour fixtures" bring.
    A well it's a fait accompli now so who next for the poisoned chalice.?
    For me I can't see beyond Alan Curbishly, a local boy and ex hammer (sadly I'm old enough to have seen him in his pomp ) a well respected tactician and man manager who worked wonders at Charlton on a limited budget and a pretty mediocre set of players TBH.
    Some of the boys are talking up Terry Venables on the website. Again a good choice but may prove unpopular with a section of the fans due to his "Spuds" connection.
    As far as I'm concerned as long as the new incumbent turns us round and makes a few decent signings in the January window I dont mind who gets it.
    Arsene Wenger being the honourable exception Blimey I've just gone all cold
    Oh golly Oh gosh Had a lie on the couch with a nice bit o' posh from Burnham-On-Crouch:mad:

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oily oaf
    Arsene Wenger being the honourable exception
    Yes, Whinger is so special!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I was sad to see Pardew go. Clubs need to realise that success is built on stability, not replacing the manager every time you have a bad patch. There were even some Liverpool fans calling for Benitez's head after Liverpool's poor start. If Alex Ferguson had started out at Man Utd in the current climate, he'd have been sacked before he'd won his first trophy.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So who are we tipping to be the new manager of West Ham. Grahme Souness perhaps??

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can't say I am excited by the prospect of Curbishley being the guv'nor. I'm not convinced he has got the pedigree to actually take an average club forward. He never did it at Charlton. At least AP had a vision - it's just a pity that the players thought that last years success meant that they can rest easy this year. How wrong they are being proved.

I never believe players or managers when they rule themselves out of a potential transfer or appointment to management. Sven can rule himself out all he likes but I bet he still gets a phone call from Egg!

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Oily, the Beeb website still seems to suggest that Sven is in the running for the post of manager..I think that should make you freeze.
    As someone who has always liked West Ham (wee apart from Bowyer) I hope they get out of this mess soon. Tevez has been working hard IMO.

I think I watched too much of football over the weekend and ended up with an upset tummy due to lack of sleep.

On saturday a bit of Premiership action and then late night saw
    Barcelona defeat Real Sociedad 1-0 and then a pretty good Sevilla come from behind to win against Madrid ..Although that meant I slept at 430 AM

On sunday eve did see the Stamford Bridge game and got to say Chelsea played superbly for the last 15 mins after they went a goal down....great goal by Essien and they almost got 1 or 2 more!
    Tito Vilanova = :champion: