Page 2 of 104 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viper_man
    Arsenal and Porto both needing a draw to progess, 0-0 draw. Fancy that!

Cant wait for the Chelski Arse game this sunday, hopefully itll be a thriller, on current form Chelski should easily win. Still remains whether to be seen if Mr Henry will be playing, if indeed ever again for Arsenal.
    I don't think Henry is playing this Sunday..but never again for Arsenal??Thats goin' a little too far I think...
    Quote Originally Posted by viper_man
    What does everyone think of the current take over talks surrounding my beloved Liverpool? Personally Id rather there not be any mega rich owners pouring millions into clubs just to turn them into a brand, but whilst everyone else is at it I dont see why we shouldnt dip in.
    I think Liverpool is fine now,they've got talent too..just need to use them a little better. But if it helps them perform better, then maybe...
    "When the situation arises you stay where you are or go for it. I prefer the latter" - JPM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It wouldn't surprise me to see Henry leaving for Barca or Real Madrid. There been rumours Gerrard could head to Spain as well, but i think he's too committed to the club.

As for the takeover talk, i think its a formality for a team in the premiership now to be taken over by multi millionaires : but i dont think it wil do liverpool much harm, i think it could be a good boost for the club, it might just help win the premiership one season as well :
    If England ever perform at a World Cup, make sure you wake me up :p:
    Steven Gerrard- Modern Day Hero (On his day :p: )

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie_gerrard

5 british teams in the Knockout stages of the CL. are you scared Pino and the rest? the british are coming to snatch the CL off everyone else and that rubbish team called Barca :
    Sorry mate but this year Lyon will win, they are the best Team in Europe at the moment ! They will beat Chelsea in the final :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Don't be so sure pino....Barcelona crossed the difficult hurdles of qualifying for knock-outs and by the time (Feb) Etoó and Messi will be back

Real are playing some decent stuff this time round with Ronaldo scoring goals again and defensively they are better. ( )
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Sorry mate but this year Lyon will win, they are the best Team in Europe at the moment ! They will beat Chelsea in the final :
    Best or not, I notice that Lyon are always rated as the biggest outsider in the CL, but surprisingly enough they never get further than the quarter finals. I won't be surprised if they don't make it this year, but they defenitly deserve it.

Hope PSV will not draw Lyon BTW, considering our last encounter with a French team (and Lyon also). Wasted 30 euro's on that game

Hoping for Bayern or AC Milan

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    just a bit of good news (as far as i'm concerned) you may remember a month or 2 ago that Sol Davis, the Luton full-back suffered a stroke on the way to the game with Ipswich, which we subsequently lost 5-0.

However, after some time in hospital, and estimates that if he were able to come back it would take at least 6 month, Sol has returned to training and completed a full session with the team this week.

glad to see him making a speedy recovery
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Surprised no one has mentioned this so far, although maybe it was on the old forum.

Did anyone see Ronaldinhos free kick in the Champions League the other week? Have you ever seen anything in football crafted with such genius? The mans a god.
    Im back! Now what'd I miss?

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    Vamos Blaugrana!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Beat you to it Bezza

Good bit of action today is Les Premiership, Liverpool won 4-0 of course in the most important game of the day

Just seen an after match interview with stuart pearce, obviously upset his Man City got beat 3-1 by Manyoo, but more interesting was when the interviewer asked his opinion on Corradi's 2nd yellow for diving. Pearce said 'absolutely fantastic decision, and Ill be having a word with him this week about staying on his feet'.

Now that is what we need more of if football is ever going to stamp out diving and cheating.
    Im back! Now what'd I miss?

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well I am happy for a change, 5-1 is a nice score
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!