Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    I'll withhold comment on the doubleheaders until we see how they play out.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sept. 1--Baltimore (street race)
    Oct. 6--Houston doubleheader (street race)

Giant 5-week gap kills series fan interest and momentum. At least 1 but better yet 2 more races need to be added in September. This is the start of football season... Why is it no track is begging for an ICS race ? Is it exorbitant sanction fees ? Just like this year when the 6-week "china gap" killed interest in ICS. Notgood.com

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    They did a good job with adding Pocono Raceway, of course we do need a lot more ovals but this is a good start. Even the 2012 schedule wasn't bad at all, so I can't be unhappy about this one either. Having some double headers, once again a 500-miler as the season finale and four ovals in a row is great. Maybe the Pocono race will still become a 500-miler, keep in mind that the original distance for this seasons' Auto Club Speedway event was also 400 miles..
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't mind the idea of double headers- GP2, GP3 and Renault World Series have 2 races per weekend- but dear lord why Detroit? one race there is more than enough per year. I was rather hoping that the ovals would have the double headers. Overall aside from the lack of Road America it's a decent mix of ovals, road and street courses

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    They did a good job with adding Pocono Raceway, of course we do need a lot more ovals but this is a good start. Even the 2012 schedule wasn't bad at all, so I can't be unhappy about this one either. Having some double headers, once again a 500-miler as the season finale and four ovals in a row is great. Maybe the Pocono race will still become a 500-miler, keep in mind that the original distance for this seasons' Auto Club Speedway event was also 400 miles..
    Despite being the absolute worst track on the circuit - bumpy, narrow, no passing zones... it IS the HOME of Roger Penske and GM (Chevy) I am only surprised Detroit didn't get a TRIPLE header.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPVguy
    Sept. 1--Baltimore (street race)
    Oct. 6--Houston doubleheader (street race)

Giant 5-week gap kills series fan interest and momentum. At least 1 but better yet 2 more races need to be added in September. This is the start of football season... Why is it no track is begging for an ICS race ? Is it exorbitant sanction fees ? Just like this year when the 6-week "china gap" killed interest in ICS. Notgood.com
    F1 does it.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    They should add one more event on May 25 which would be the Indy road coarse using the former F1 configuration
    Or if it is too distracting from the sunday race, then they should still add it 2nd week in September.
    Then there will be a nice 20 race schedule and that track will be put to good use.
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    less ovals and more traditional tracks is the way of the future IMO.
    I hate the ovals. Keep the triple crown if you wish, but that's it.

no Laguna Seca?
    No Watkins Glen?
    No Austin COTA?
    no Montreal?

I would even add the alternate German track of Hockenheim or Nurburgring, whichever one F1 is not using that year, as well as Silverstone.

What's with all these unbearable street courses

I think ICS is missing a huge opportunity.
    The only way they will get back to the glory days of 80's and 90's is with a series that matches F1 in both its nature and courses.
    If they added more real tracks both domestic and abroad, they would see their domestic and global interest from both drivers and fans increase dramatically.

Here is my dream ICS Schedule

2013 IZOD INDYCAR SERIES SCHEDULE
    March 24--Long Beach, Calif. (street course)
    April 7--Barber Motorsports Park, Birmingham, Ala. (road course)
    April 21--Austin, Texas (track course)
    May 5--Sao Paulo, Brazil (track course)
    May 12--Indianapolis (track course)
    May 26--Indianapolis 500 (oval)
    June 2--Detroit (street course)
    June 8--Texas Motor Speedway (oval)
    June 15--Watkins Glen, NY (track Course)
    June 22--Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (road course)
    July 7--Pocono (Pa.) Raceway (oval)
    July 14--Toronto, Canada (street course)
    Aug. 4--Montreal, Canada (track course)
    Aug. 18--Sonoma Raceway (track course)
    Sept 1--Baltimore (street course)
    Sept. 22--Silverstone, UK (track race)
    Sept. 29 Hockenheim, GER (track course)
    Oct. 12-13--Houston doubleheader (street race)
    Oct. 27--Fontana, Calif. (oval)

20 races

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Well whatever AR1 is smoking it was good sh*t because Mark was right.
    You missed the point of what I was saying.... It's not a true Triple Crown as it's a 100 miles shy of the mark. The Triple Crown of which their is only one winner to date is three 500 mile events hence a Triple Crown and not three Super Speedways. But it is a good start to get some heritage back as even Roger Penske worked hard to get this elusive award and was not able to get it but Jim Hall has one with driver Al Unser Sr in 1978.
    The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500