Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2013 IndyCar Series Schedule

Here is the schedule for next year for the Indycar Series. There are a couple double-headers in the schedule this year. Again, Im not impressed. Too many road/streets compared to ovals...

2013 IZOD INDYCAR SERIES SCHEDULE
    March 24--St. Petersburg, Fla. (street course)
    April 7--Barber Motorsports Park, Birmingham, Ala. (road course)
    April 21--Long Beach, Calif. (street course)
    May 5--Sao Paulo, Brazil (street course)
    May 26--Indianapolis 500 (oval)
    June 1-2--Detroit doubleheader (street course)
    June 8--Texas Motor Speedway (oval)
    June 15--Milwaukee (oval)
    June 22--Iowa Speedway (oval)
    July 7--Pocono (Pa.) Raceway (oval)
    July 13-14--Toronto doubleheader (street course)
    Aug. 4--Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (road course)
    Aug. 24-25--Sonoma Raceway (road course)
    Sept. 1--Baltimore (street race)
    Oct. 6--Houston doubleheader (street race)
    Oct. 12--Fontana, Calif. (oval)
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What's sad is this double-header is just a gimmick because they couldnt get any other venues it doesnt appear or in my opinion try for. This way they can say they have 19 races, not 16. He really needed to push for more ovals for this schedule.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It should read the Houston venue is a double header, not Sonoma. I wish I could edit regardless of time.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm not sharing your oval enthusiasm. Attendance for most of them other than Indy have either been poor or declining. Even Texas, which used to be the second biggest crowd of the year, is down from what it was.

Hope I can get to Barber again. That's spring break for us and my wife wants to go to the beach.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    AR1 reports that Indycar has a triple crown event with the addition of Pocono 400 to the Indy 500 and California 500....WTH is AR1 smoking when a true Triple Crown is three 500 mile races and not two 500 mile races and a 400 mile event. The schedule is okay but I really wish they would have added a Mexico race and maybe Michigan...
    The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    It should read the Houston venue is a double header, not Sonoma. I wish I could edit regardless of time.
    I took care of it.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixent
    AR1 reports that Indycar has a triple crown event with the addition of Pocono 400 to the Indy 500 and California 500....WTH is AR1 smoking when a true Triple Crown is three 500 mile races and not two 500 mile races and a 400 mile event. The schedule is okay but I really wish they would have added a Mexico race and maybe Michigan...
    Well whatever AR1 is smoking it was good sh*t because Mark was right.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is a bit BS that Pocono is most likely to be a 400 - but then again, three real superspeedways is a good start and $1,000,000 to win the "triple crown" is a good gimmick... I am hoping that if they only do 400 this year that they find they can easily fit in a 500 mile race next year..... If they can't, I say they run 500 miles and condense it into a 2 hour prime-time broadcast....

I will reserve judgement on they doubleheaders - seems like a long-shot - but maybe it is a good idea - the proof will be in the proverbial pudding.....

Overall it is not earth-shattering, but nothing to be ashamed of, I cannot say I was expecting anything wildly different.....

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    He really needed to push for more ovals for this schedule.
    I think the balance of venues is good, with a few ovals in there to present diversity and the return of Pocono is fantastic, Mario Andretti always said Pocono was a much bigger challenge than Indy in a single seater so it should really sort the men from the boys! One criticism I would have is that the schedule is quite heavy on street tracks with only 3 road courses, the fact that they don't go to Road America is a crime and it needs sorting! As for the double headers, I quite like the idea, it's been done forever in motorcycle racing and it gives fans attending for the whole weekend more action so i'm in favour, though if it'll work on TV i'm not so sure.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Pretty solid really, they did a real good job on the t.v. side of things...
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12