Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    That's why I left the most IndyCar related forums anyway.
    I don't know if you got lost and this might come as shock to you, but this is Indycar forum also.
    As I said, "That's why I left the most IndyCar related forums anyway." At this forum there's still space for someones' opinion and a discussion without it becoming a war between members, that's why I'm still enjoying my stay here at this forum. As I said, I left the most IndyCar related forums, not all IndyCar related forums.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    I'd give the season a B+

There's room for improvement but I've really enjoyed this season. I've been gripped when I've got the chance to watch it live and make more of an effort to watch full races.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    To fast? Faster than 240? No problem ,small wings, Show? If I want a show than I will go to circus.
    If you don't think that IndyCar as well as all other professional racing series then you just don't get it

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    To tell the truth. IndyCar is a sport that almost no one pays attention to except for Indy500 weekend. One year of exceptionally good IndyCar racing could not have changed that. A lot more time is necessary to build the rebuild the brand and the fan base. I disagree with the notion that having an open formula would have somehow changed this.

The path to success is not entirely clear to me. I can only guess that IndyCar should use social media to connect with its fans. IndyCar also needs more.. ahem glamour .. more outrageous promotions. Think of something like RedBull's outrageous Formula 1 car videos, Formula 1 "demonstration" visits, a new Danica Patrick, new outrageous racetracks (outrageous not only in configuration but also decor, facilities, surroundings, etc). Most importantly, IndyCar DOES NOT need internal bickering between teams and IRL. I think IndyCar has been on that path before.

Also, there are somethings that IndyCar can do not to lose its current customers. For example, I am quite sick of NBC's TV coverage. This is the most distracting display I have seen in ANY motor sport coverage. They use up like 20% of display to convey no real information. At the bottom there is often a scrolling feed showing the results of some football games and other sports. At the top, they constantly scroll the driver positions. It's extremely distracting to have that scrolling area at the top. Moreover, for some reason the scrolling feed is not at the very top of the screen wasting more space above it. Why can't they adopt the display format from F1?

Another thing that drives me crazy is inconsistent car liverys. One weekend, Dario's car is blue, then it's black, then it's red. It also would have been a lot better if same team cars had the same or similar liveries. Every other race, it takes like like half of the race time to figure out and memorize who is driving which car. Having consistent liveries would also help to promote the sport, teams, and brands better. Right now, I see almost no reason to care for IndyCar teams if they can't provide their way to identify all of their cars on the track. I think everyone is familiar with Ferrari's red cars, Lotus black and gold, and McLaren's "Marlboro" pack cars from F1. I wish IndyCar cars were trying to achieve this sort of visual fame and recognition. Todays F1 is no different. Heck, even Australian V8 Supercars have more consistent liveries than Indycar.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the fan base is the only real problem at the moment... .
    Do NOT blame the fans.

fans don't even know what IndyCar is. .
    And just who's fault is that ???????????????

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPVguy
    Do NOT blame the fans.

And just who's fault is that ???????????????
    They need to go international... Many people here in The Netherlands do love IndyCar but cannot watch it in the "legal way" which means IndyCar won't get all those viewers while they are watching for sure. The Netherlands is not the only country full of IndyCar fans. I never said that it's the fault of the fans, IndyCar should get more options for people outside the U.S. and promote the series a lot better. C'mon, last year I had to watch the Indy 500 via a livestream because it wasn't even televised here, and that's a SHAME!
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I went to the qualifying races at Iowa in June. They were very exciting. I wonder if Indycar would consider expanding the number of qualifying races to other weekends?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    leaving aside the series owners desire to ruin the series again (or some of them anyway), I thought this was the best year since 1999/2000 CART seasons. As a former CART fan I've never really been able to watch the old IRL on a regular basis without wondering what might have been- but now the stench of that era has largely gone I've been able to enjoy it again. Not that it will ever happen but it would be nice to see them back at Rockingham again

Ok the car looks a bit odd- but the racing has been good, great to see RHR win the series and the grid has been pretty strong this year. Since Princess Sparkle Pony moved to the tin-tops I don't have to endure the commentary team wittering on about who good she's running in 18th place