Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts

Hamilton to Mercedes - Confirmed

Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    If Eddie says something i'm generally inclined to think the opposite is true.

Leaving McLaren for the headcase that is Mercedes AMG? Seems like a backwards step to me.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    If Eddie says something i'm generally inclined to think the opposite is true.
    He was the one to break the Schumacher comeback story. People ridiculed it, too.
    Twitter boards are lighting up this story now. Some even suggest Schumacher stays and Niko moves to Macca.....
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I've often wondered whether EJ's rather rambling demeanour is a very clever device to get people to trust him more? Not saying he isn't that way generally, but rather like Boris Johson, playing up to the image can be useful. I can certainly see how team insiders would be looser lipped when talking to EJ than someone more stern and severe. Just a theory.

As for the move, should it ever happen, it would seem like a backwards step, but stranger things have happened. Given his relationship with Mercedes, it could be a "build a team around Lewis" sort of deal rather than the equal footing he has with Button. They might also have offered him a tonne of money.
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i hope he goes somewhere, the guy always has the hump, sick of his miserable face on my tv.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Great story to strengthen Hamilton's bargaining power with McLaren. Terrible career move if there is any truth to it. I do think Hamilton needs to leave McLaren alright, especially of they don't provide him with the right car the rest of this year, but for either Red Bull or Ferrari, not Mercedes.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I seriously can't believe this is true. It goes against everything I have heard and I will be devastated if this happens. I just cannot give it credibility. Jordan is wrong.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    Great story to strengthen Hamilton's bargaining power with McLaren. Terrible career move if there is any truth to it.
    Yes if there's anything to it at all, it must be just a negotiating position. I guess McLaren still won't agree to Lewis keeping his silverware!

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Just what is Lewis on ? If he is serious about going to Mercedes,what does he expect to achieve ?The only time this team was quick off the mark was when it was called Brawn,and they read the rules correct,getting the rear difuser on the car for the beginning of the season giving Button the wins he had with them.Maybe he has told them at Mercedes that he has lots and lots of information from McLaren that he can share with them !

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I don't know like others if this is true or not but its not always a bad move for a driver to move on.

If Lewis is disenchanted with Mclaren, then he may feel the time is right for a move. Very rarely do drivers stay at the same team for their careers and sometimes for driver and team a change can help both improve their situations.

Afterall Mercedes is comparitively new F1 team, and they have managed to get themselves towards the front of F1 at times also as Brawn they won double titles.
    They have a great Engine and potential for alot of investment and some good people there. So with a driver of currant top standing there is room to become a regular front runner which would be the first step needed.

Not saying Nico and Michael aren't good drivers, but Nico has no experience of a F1 title fight or regular front running car, and Michael is not going to be around for years to come. So a move for Hamilton might well turn things around.

Its a long shot but its possible.

As for Hamilton clearly he is in a better car now, but you can't always stay at the best team if things under the surface are wrong, it just doesn't work. (Notice I did say IF something is wrong).

Finally look at Red Bull they had years of 06-08 being a midfield car, then suddenly became dominant over the next few seasons so it just shows that F1 can turn around and Mercedes could yet offer Lewis a title challenger.

I think it will be exciting to see what happens if he does move on. Good Luck to Lewis where ever he is next year.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy