Page 1 of 92 1231151 ... LastLast
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts

2012 Presidential Race

From the outside, this looks like the most boring and dull presidential race I've ever seen. Romney's campaign is "I'm not Obama" and Obama's campaign is "I'm not Romney". Neither side has outlined any real vision for where they'd put America in four years time and a lot of the adverts just seem to be adding to the already toxic politic mix that is already alienating voters.

PBS has a handy calculator to tell you where the Electoral College votes go, so you can have a play with it.

I plugged in a stack of figures, too averages and came up with this:

Basically it's pretty well much the same as 2008 except that I think that California will vote Republican in protest against their Democrat state government, and that with the impending apathy of the Latino vote in Florida, that that state will flip to red.

Currently I predict a Romney 275 - Obama 263 win.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Obama is going to kick ass.

Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    George Bush believes Romney will be a great President | Firstpost

No surprise I don't like this guy (Romney)

Go Obama!

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Will teleprompt boy visit all 57 states again?
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Will teleprompt boy visit all 57 states again?
    Here is an example of why the political discourse in this country is as it is.

Come on Garry . . . .
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    From the outside it does always seem to be voting on the character of the individual rather than policies.

Unfortunately it's like that in the UK now too.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Ed Milliband has a character now?
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Yes

Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    I am and have been a registered Democrat since 1972. I've never voted a straight Democratic ticket (if you count abstentions). Having said that this going to be a much closer race than I thought 3 months ago, but Obama holds the trump card which cancels out any suggestion that this President of The United States of America is responsible for our massive Federal Debt. What card is that you ask? He's one of a small group of objective/sane Senators that voted against the invasion of Iraq which saw (through cronyism), companies like Blackwater and other military subcontractors get filthy rich emptying our tills while we eliminated Iraq's vast cache of weapons of mass destruction. Mitt is on record as supporting the "Slam Dunk", although he was vocal in the mismanagement of funds after the horse bolted
    My fellow Americans, it’s ok to love your country. It is however helpful that you obey the righteous laws of your country, and you actively participate in repealing the ones that are unjust.

We find ourselves under the government of a system of political institutions, conducing more essentially to the ends of civil and religious liberty, than any of which the history of former times tells us. We, when mounting the stage of existence, found ourselves the legal inheritors of these fundamental blessings. We toiled not in the acquirement or establishment of them--they are a legacy bequeathed us, by a once hardy, brave, and patriotic, but now lamented and departed race of ancestors. Their's was the task (and nobly they performed it) to possess themselves, and through themselves, us, of this goodly land; and to uprear upon its hills and its valleys, a political edifice of liberty and equal rights; 'tis ours only, to transmit these, the former, unprofaned by the foot of an invader; the latter, undecayed by the lapse of time and untorn by usurpation, to the latest generation that fate shall permit the world to know. This task of gratitude to our fathers, justice to ourselves, duty to posterity, and love for our species in general, all imperatively require us faithfully to perform.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Try to see the positive side of this: none of them can be worse than G W Bush.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro