Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Yes, but what a shame it's gone totally unseen in terms of live coverage. I couldn't even find a live stream on the Channel 4 website. Having been told earlier how exciting the road cycling is to watch, how on earth has it not been deemed worthy of a live showing?
    A kid from Ireland (I believe) won the 1500 M in 4:20. These people that particiapte are a wonder and so humble.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbec
    The IRA are Republican. The rest you name are Protestant. The IRA were the only group you name that maintained a bombing campaign across the mainland UK and London specifically.

BTW you're behaving much better this time on the forum
    I have never been here. Do I know you?

The IRA are Republican. There are specific groups. You should name which ones you are caused the havoc.

In Dublin the the UFF were involved with the British intelligence in a bombing that killed 29. It took thirty years for the truth to come out. Isn't that sad. And one cannot blame the brits as the Irish government dragged their feet.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loowisham
    The IRA are Republican. There are specific groups. You should name which ones you are caused the havoc.
    The provisional IRA. Perhaps you should mention by name the groups you are thinking of.

You do realise I'm talking specifically about the bombing of London?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbec
    The provisional IRA. Perhaps you should mention by name the groups you are thinking of.

You do realise I'm talking specifically about the bombing of London?
    It is not up to me to name which group you are speaking of. The onus is on you. It is akin to saying Manchester is a great football team. You have to specify which team you are speaking about.
    As for the Republican movement attacking London. You left out the INLA and the RIRA.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loowisham
    It is not up to me to name which group you are speaking of. The onus is on you. It is akin to saying Manchester is a great football team. You have to specify which team you are speaking about.
    As for the Republican movement attacking London. You left out the INLA and the RIRA.
    I guess PROVISIONAL IRA was not specific enough for you. Using your football analogy it is akin to me saying MANCHESTER UNITED and you asking me to specify which one.

INLA didn't bomb London and the real IRA was an offshoot of the IRA. Epic fail, now go and bother someone else please.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    gymnastics!!!

I'm swimming lover.Michael Phelps again perform very well in this event.The American victory brought the 17,000 crowd to its feet to salute Phelps’s moment of history.A success in the occasion he has possessed for 11 decades would have created him the first man in record to win three successive 200m butterfly titles.I'm big fan of him...great player!

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    I was in London for the Olympics and had a wonderful time! I was there for the athletics, and saw some amazing performances. Usain Bolt's 200 m, David Rudisha's 800 m world record, Ashton Eaton's decathlon and of course the men's discus throw where Estonia got a medal.

Some impressions:

1) The volunteers were great! They created a friendly and fun atmosphere for the whole event, always ready to help and cheer people on. Cheer on the spectators, I mean. So many of them, from all corners of the world, the games simply wouldn't have been the same without them.

2) The security forces certainly had the right attitude too! Noticing my Estonia T-shirt, the guy with an assault rifle gave me cheery "go Estonia!"

3) I couldn't find a flaw in the organization of the games if I tried. There were just the right number of entrances, exits, food stands, etc. to guarantee that you never had to wait long in queues.

4) The atmosphere in the Olympic Stadium was something special. The roars for British athletes, the tangible exitement when Usain Bolt entered the "kettle", the sincere appreciation for good performances.. I especially liked the fact that the stadium was always full of spectators, also in the mornings. That doesn't happen in many major events.

All in all, a very enjoyable and memorable five days for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan699
    I'm swimming lover.Michael Phelps again perform very well in this event.The American victory brought the 17,000 crowd to its feet to salute Phelps’s moment of history.A success in the occasion he has possessed for 11 decades would have created him the first man in record to win three successive 200m butterfly titles.I'm big fan of him...great player!
    Pool Covers