Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    The stewards - I am pretty sure Maldonado was penalised because of his reputation rather than the merits of the pass in question.
    At this moment in time I agree but need to watch it again.

Nothing wrong with a bit of wheel banging nor with oversteer exiting a corner.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    maldonado

Button strategy - how you go from 3rd to 6th is beyond me
    making moves that were not required. a two stopper would have gotten him no the podium
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    No clear donkey for me. Pastor comes to mind for punting again....I would also say RoGro for not being able to deliver again when it counts.
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Donkies:

Schumi - Well don't need to go into it really. Fell asleep at the start, then speeding in the pitlane.

Mclaren Strategy boys - Don't know why people are blaming Jenson. He was 3rd and fending off Vettel and looking like a podium when the team told him they would have to go to Plan B which ruined his race. As it turned out Red Bull did the same. Hamilton was going to, but they saw what had happened to Jenson and they thought better of it.

Stewards - I have said on record before that I think the level of steward interference is too high. In Monaco yes Maldonado was right to be penalized for his move on Sergio. In Valencia I think it was the right call because he came from off track into Lewis.
    At Silverstone I think he made the same mistake as here was a tad too hot and just lost the back end. Here I think the penalty was harsh because both cars continued with any damage or real inconvience and hard racing is disappearing. The difference at Silverstone was he completely ruined Sergio's race and thus a further punishment could be deemed nessacery. However today I thought it was a bit harsh.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Actually, add bieber to the list for bitching over team radio "Do something guys."
    What a crybaby.
    "signature room for rent"

Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    Stewards - I have said on record before that I think the level of steward interference is too high. In Monaco yes Maldonado was right to be penalized for his move on Sergio. In Valencia I think it was the right call because he came from off track into Lewis.
    At Silverstone I think he made the same mistake as here was a tad too hot and just lost the back end. Here I think the penalty was harsh because both cars continued with any damage or real inconvience and hard racing is disappearing. The difference at Silverstone was he completely ruined Sergio's race and thus a further punishment could be deemed nessacery. However today I thought it was a bit harsh.
    when you lookat the replays, it was clear that maldonado deliberately steered his car into hulkenberg to intentionally shove him off the track, even worse, in doing so he made contact. the onboards are very telling.
    A similar argument could be made for kimi's move on Grosjean however, but the difference is that kimi didn't necessarily steer into grosjean and they were side by side and grosjea nhad the opportunity to concede

In Hulkenberg's case, he was on the racing line and ahead when Maldonado came charging in ( fair enough) but then knowing that he wasn't going to make the pass, decided to steer into nicoH.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Actually, add bieber to the list for bitching over team radio "Do something guys."
    What a crybaby.
    LOL for once we agree

its is almost the opposite of Button/Mclaren
    RBR and Rocky even tried to tell him that they are racing the cars behind as well
    I'm not exactly sure what he expected the team to do, he more than his team could affect the outcome of that situation
    so in pushing his team, they then decided to 3 stop the guy, which I doubt was not their intention.

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    As mentioned the Schu ,and Pastor.Thought Button was lack-lustre today as well !

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    But Vettel did beat Button. Whining or not, he did a good job IMO, after the mistake on the start.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Schumi for pressing the wrong button at the start and once again Maldonado for once again driving into someone