Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    It could be worse: it could be going to BT and disappearing from both terrestrial TV and Sky package channels entirely, like MotoGP.

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Just watched the Sky highlights and BBC highlights to compare, and realized how bad David Croft has become!! Absolutely woeful. He sounded bored all race, despite it being a thriller. They missed Vettel conking out, because they were going to Kravitz AGAIN, and then Croft didn't seem to know what was going on. He failed to capture the excitement of the moment completely.

In contrast, watching it on the BBC was a pleasure. Edwards and Coulthard caught the moment perfectly and eloquently.

Leading me to think watching BBC highlights is better than watching the live races on Sky...
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I had a bit of a nightmare on Sunday as I set my father in laws Sky box to record the GP on BBC 1HD. Got home around 5pm hoping to tune in and the flaming thing hadn't recorded it! I logged in to iPlayer and waited until gone half 7 before the highlights came online. I had missed the start on the TV so watched highlights online. For some reason they didn't release the full race re-run on iPlayer until the highlights had finished. As it happened the highlights were good enough anyway.

I can't say I've bothered too much with Sky at all this season. I've lived in a house since Christmas that has had full access to the channel but as I've said countless times, I think the BBC do it so much better and will watch them as first choice every time. Suzi has got a lot better, although she still fluffs the odd line. Its still only her third live broadcast so I think she needs more time. I can live with her making a few mistakes as she's quite a warm character and it doesn't bother me so much. Plus from past experience you know when she is comfortable in a role, she is a damned fine presenter.

I've seen a few discussion lately about drivers being particularly cold towards Brundle on grid walks. He used to get some quite rude responses long before his cash dash, but it seems Vettel in particular is brief with him. Was it Austin last year where he snubbed Brundle live on air when he tried to interrupt DC's interview with the 'but we are live David'...? lol. Anyway, the Beeb did a fantastic job last weekend with my particular highlight being DC driving Jim Clarks Lotus. What a segment. Loved the old mechanics sharing their stories and the enthusiasm on DC's face. Towards the end you could tell he had forgotten the camera's were rolling and was simply caught in the moment. Brilliant stuff.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Suzi has got a lot better, although she still fluffs the odd line. Its still only her third live broadcast so I think she needs more time. I can live with her making a few mistakes as she's quite a warm character and it doesn't bother me so much. Plus from past experience you know when she is comfortable in a role, she is a damned fine presenter.
    Can't say that I agree. As likeable as she is at times Suzi Perry is getting on my nerves. At times she seems utterly clueless, not paying attention and it seems half the time on air she seems bewildered and struggling/hurrying her lines.

So its a no, she is not getting a better at all.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Can't say that I agree. As likeable as she is at times Suzi Perry is getting on my nerves. At times she seems utterly clueless, not paying attention and it seems half the time on air she seems bewildered and struggling/hurrying her lines.

So its a no, she is not getting a better at all.
    That's fine wedge, our opinions are all subjective. I've noticed a noticeable improvement from my point of view and openly admit her likeability means I am not as critical or perhaps notice the mistakes as much as others. I prefer the laid back approach of the broadcast so the odd mistake gives it the human feel for me. DC fluffs his words more often than not and he is a knowledgeable contributor even if presenting is not his main profession.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Ben Edwards made a lot of mistakes in his commentary - one that sticks out in mind was "Lawrence Hamilton"!

But then one senses a sort of charm to his errors unlike say Toby Moody's efforts with BTCC.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I prefer BBC always. It sounds trustable to me. No close comparison yet.