Page 3 of 282 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    I want to go, soooo much! Where is that money tree?!

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Wanted desperately to go this year, but unfortunately stuff has got in the way. Definitely going for 2014. If anyone from SE England is thinking about preparing for a trip in 2014 let me know and we'll start arranging!

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29
    Wanted desperately to go this year, but unfortunately stuff has got in the way. Definitely going for 2014. If anyone from SE England is thinking about preparing for a trip in 2014 let me know and we'll start arranging!
    Definitely up for it if you think you can put up with Victor Meldrew the second and if Ally and his mate were in then we have the ideal economic unit - Budget of £230 pp for flight accom and car hire could be done this year, so I imagine it won't be too different next year and the euro is due to keep dropping!. Probably another £100 each for food and petrol
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    If you have infos about first entries/rumours...

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    I was on Monte Carlo many times since 2004, I was not missing since 2009. But after disappointment with this year edition (especially with comparison to IRC) I am afraid that our whole group will stay at home in 2014...

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Dear French friends, are there some onboards from stages Sisteron - Thoard and La Motte Chalancon - Saint Nazaire le Desert? Could be even reversed. I think the first one was not run for quite a long time but the second was used even in 2009 if I remember.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto
    I was on Monte Carlo many times since 2004, I was not missing since 2009. But after disappointment with this year edition (especially with comparison to IRC) I am afraid that our whole group will stay at home in 2014...
    Ok but what is your plans for 2013?

There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    For sure will will stay home also in 2013

Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts
    hi guys, going to monte for the first time, as going with the non rally loving wife will probably just end up on the stages saturday only.always fancied col de turini, can anyone tell me how good veiwing actually is up there and is moving around to other parts of the stage possible either on foot or by car as standing in the same place for 3 passes does not appeal to me. also how far in time does it take to reach from monaco by small hire car.if anyone can help me on this or anything else i should be aware of it would be appreciated.thanks.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    In fact there's not much to see on Turini unless it's on snow. Last year they also moved spectators farther from the road. I was on Turini in 2009-2011 and always enjoyed it a lot thanks to great atmosphere over there (especially 2009, 2010 when they came to Turini from Peira Cava). Last year we went to Col St. Roch on stage Lantosque-Lucerám and I have to say that by pure rally spectacle that place is much better than Turini and the atmosphere is not much worse. From one place You can see up to three downhill hairpins with plenty of possible viewing places.

For both Col de Turini and Col St. Roch it's same with moving on stage. Directly at the spot there are tons of strict gendarmerie and marshals but when You pass them You are free to walk and stand wherever You want.

I'm not sure if I remember right but I think the drive from Monaco may take one hour. Anyway start early for both of these places! They are very crowded and You may get stuck kilometers from the stage. I recommend You to be there 3 hours before start. You can than use the time for barbecue or watching landscape or whatever

By the way if You have time drive through any of these two stages. It's great experience

Our videos for Your better image
    Turini 2011 (starting at 2:10, the place before is sadly not part of 2013 edition): Rallye Monte Carlo 2011 - day 3 - YouTube
    Col St. Roch 2012: Rallye Monte Carlo 2012 - leg 4 - YouTube
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump