Page 1 of 282 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts

Rallye Wrc Monte-Carlo 2013

Road program is now out !
    Programme du Rallye Wrc Monte-Carlo 2013

3 loop in Turini !

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    I like the four day layout from Wednesday to Saturday - and let everyone find their way home on Sunday - but with eighteen stages and only three on Friday it will be a very slow paced event.

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    The three stages of Friday covers a long way from Valence to Monaco and due to the location of these stages these three are most likely the ones where to expect dramas. It's huge distance although the competitive kilometers are rather small. Anyway this short leg sure deserves to be seen at least because of return of the legendary Sisteron stage!

What I really don't like is to have start in Monaco, shakedown in Sospel but first leg three hundred kilometers away at Valence!
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    The WRC have never liked Valence. I can't remember the IRC complaining, though I could be wrong. However, it's a better route than this years. They will be running Col du Turini at night, won't they?

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

They did last run in the night last year too but with more strict safety rules it lost something.

In the IRC they did both runs in the night with the second one ending near midnight in a great atmosphere. I feel really happy I could be there.

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    The three stages of Friday covers a long way from Valence to Monaco and due to the location of these stages these three are most likely the ones where to expect dramas. It's huge distance although the competitive kilometers are rather small. Anyway this short leg sure deserves to be seen at least because of return of the legendary Sisteron stage!

What I really don't like is to have start in Monaco, shakedown in Sospel but first leg three hundred kilometers away at Valence!
    Agree, to much etap for spectators if would like to see the full program - and no realy new stages, I would be happy to see Sisteron and others back, but it will depend more on the wheather how spectacular will be.

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Quick question. Is this rally now good for 2013 to access most of the stages in the day?

Which city/town is the best to stay in over the rally? Nice? Then easy access to drive/park close to stages and walk the rest of the way? Even being media?...

I'm extremely keen to head over! Just one phone call and i'm there! =D
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Definitely best is to stay on two places. Near Valence for northern stages and near Nice for southern ones (we usually stay in Menton). Be aware the mountain roads are very slow.

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Would anyone be interested in sharing a car and going to stages in Monte?
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    Definitely best is to stay on two places. Near Valence for northern stages and near Nice for southern ones (we usually stay in Menton). Be aware the mountain roads are very slow.
    yes the best place... with 2 places during Rallye... maybe for the first day more close that Rally.. Because Valence to go rally is a bit longer, and for the final days menton or noth menton is good