Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    This is great to hear, as Massa is one of my favourite drivers out there! pin: (If not the favourite.:cheese
    This removes a nail from the coffin, and I'm also pleased that Massa found form at the most recent event.
    :champion: 1990 BTCC-CHAMPION w/ 207 points and 9 race wins :burnout:
    :champion: 1997 BTCC-Total Cup for Privateer's CHAMPION :burnout:

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Sensible and logical deal. And this should also put an end to rumours of Hamilton leaving McLaren, because now he has nowhere to go - RBR might have been the only remote conceivable option.

As Webber wisely says - the continuation of his career (beyond 2013) depends on himself and his performances. At the moment he is still performing very well and hence is valuable to the team.

I think so far in 2012 Webber has actually been performing even better than 2010, because back then he was making some costly mistakes every now and then (Australia, Valencia, Korea). So far in 2012 no significant mistakes. Also his starts seem to have improved compared to last couple of seasons.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Hamilton would only got to RBR if Vettel left. But even then it would be a tricky choice as RBR seems as variable as McLaren these days.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Hamilton would only got to RBR if Vettel left. But even then it would be a tricky choice as RBR seems as variable as McLaren these days.
    What makes you say that? I don't think Hamilton would care who his teammate was. Horner might care about having two drivers of that quality in his team though

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Thought Hamilton was interested in going to Renault ,next year

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GravettFan99
    This is great to hear, as Massa is one of my favourite drivers out there! pin: (If not the favourite.:cheese
    This removes a nail from the coffin, and I'm also pleased that Massa found form at the most recent event.
    Why

Do you like trainspotting, bland food and women that have won against anorexia? Massa is a nice kid but what in the world can you hang your hat against apart from that?

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Mark Webber was so significantly dominated by Vettel in 2011 that I thought that if this performance gap continued, Webber might lose his seat in 2013. However, I was wrong. His consistency is as good as always, and with two GP wins he is suddenly a championship contender. RBR is my favorite team right now.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Wise decision for both parties.
    Formula 1

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Good news.

I feared for Mark after last year but he has fought back strongly and is showing the form he produced in 2010. He's in title contention for the second time in three years and that level of performance warrants a new contract.

Not only that, but he's a no-nonsense, honest, hardworking, thoroughly good bloke.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Sensible and logical deal. And this should also put an end to rumours of Hamilton leaving McLaren, because now he has nowhere to go - RBR might have been the only remote conceivable option.

As Webber wisely says - the continuation of his career (beyond 2013) depends on himself and his performances. At the moment he is still performing very well and hence is valuable to the team.

I think so far in 2012 Webber has actually been performing even better than 2010, because back then he was making some costly mistakes every now and then (Australia, Valencia, Korea). So far in 2012 no significant mistakes. Also his starts seem to have improved compared to last couple of seasons.
    And, what's more, who couldn't like his attitude?