Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoostation
    now im even more confused?

are saying that europe is crap? if so fair enough but is it worse than... say columbia?
    well columbia is the sh!t river between oregon and washington. However Colombia is a vibrant beautiful country with gorgeous women and much spirit.
    A F1 race in Cartagena would not be for the meek.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlMetro
    Oh well, never mind. One less boring racetrack on the calendar. All we got to do now is pray the same thing happens to Barcelona and Hungaroring. Lets hope we get something a bit more exciting in its place
    By their same logic you'd lose your grand prix. It has very little to do with the track, it's more about the accoutremonts and pocket money for Bernie than good racing or tradition.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Magny Cours is no great loss. It always was a political creation stuck in the middle of nowhere.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's true that most of Europe is being left behind by the rest of the world in terms of circuits and facilities.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian McC
    It's true that most of Europe is being left behind by the rest of the world in terms of circuits and facilities.
    The likes of Silverstone simply can't compete with the Government-funded facilities being created in Turkey and the middle-east. The BRDC just can't match them in terms of spending.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    The likes of Silverstone simply can't compete with the Government-funded facilities being created in Turkey and the middle-east. The BRDC just can't match them in terms of spending.
    Exactly, but is that what it's all about, fancy awnings for empty stands and convenient jetports for lazy royalty (and Bernie)?

Facility whoring to the highest bidding centrally controlled regime is hardly making F1 better. Not saying that the odd venue in a new place is a bad idea, but to do it at the expense of the sport's traditional sites in France, Britain, Italy, Belgium, Germany etc. Is a tragedy IMO. I'd happily give up the crappy track in the States to save a venue in Europe (of course I'd rather they went back to the Glen, but that's not super deluxe enough for them).

China, Malaysia, Bahrain, Singapore are a snore IMO.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think Bernie is forgetting just about all of F1 is based in Europe.
    He kills F1 in Europe he kills F1, Simple as that.
    Also if he gets rid of the British GrandPrix the British Motor sport industry might also go down the pan.
    Maybe this is just a ploy to get the track moved to Lemans, hope so!
    good luck RBR