Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kenseth out, Stenhouse in for RFR in 2013

CONCORD, N.C. -- Matt Kenseth brought Jack Roush his first championship at NASCAR's highest level, and his first victory in the sport's biggest race. Now a driver and a car owner who have been synonymous with one another for more than a decade are splitting up at season's end.
    http://www.nascar.com/news/120626/mk...cup/index.html

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kenseth out at Roush Fenway end of year

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Never thought I'd see the day. Kind of reminds me of Bobby Labonte leaving JGR.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Kenseth might just end up at JGR. I am absolutely thrilled for Stenhouse though. He's a hometown boy done good. (Olive Branch, MS is a suburb of Memphis, TN)
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexamateo
    Kenseth might just end up at JGR.
    Yep. I've heard some speculation that he'll wind up in the Home Depot ride.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    Yep. I've heard some speculation that he'll wind up in the Home Depot ride.
    That would be unfortunate for Joey but he's just not getting it done. I think he was moved up to the Cup series before he was ready and he's been behind ever since. JMHO
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1329
    That would be unfortunate for Joey but he's just not getting it done. I think he was moved up to the Cup series before he was ready and he's been behind ever since. JMHO
    Joey's doing a good job in Cup, the problem is that he's in one of the best sponsored cars. Home Depot is used to challenging for a championship against arch-rival Lowes. They want a driver that can give them that type of performance and Matt Kenseth is that kind of driver. Joey Logano might become that kind of driver one day, but not right now.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    All I can say is WOW
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As a 15 year Kenseth fan, this was a surprise. But looking back, the writing was kind of on the wall. With Matt's success statistics, there is no excuse for the lack of sponsorship coming from the Roush marketing group. When you look at other teams ability to secure long term sponsorship Jack's group falls behind. A good example is Childress securing CAT/Wheaties for Burton, whose overall performance is pail in comparison with Matt's. Not to mention how horrible Burton runs now. You don't see any generic "Eco-boost" type filler decals on Gibbs, Hendricks, Childress, Penske or even Ganassis. Yes, Matt isn't as colorful as Gordon, Stewart or Johnson, but performance is just as marketable as a lot of other drivers that cross the finish line a lot later than he does. His move was motivated by security and money. It always comes down to money. So for the first time in over 20 years I find myself a bit disillusioned with Roush and I am now coming to terms with the fact that my driver will likely be driving a Toyota with a number other than #17.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm still holding out hope that Matt will be in a Stewart-Hass car next season. Tony has said off the record that he wants Matt to drive for S-H when they were both coming up to Madison to race. I'd guess that Tony has a few extra $$$ laying around from the Go Daddy science experiment he is currently working on to start a fourth team.
    I'm choosing Joey Logano as my avatar. I feel he is a worthy ally.