Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    if we are not blaming people, then is the team blame free?

come on, once or twice in 8 races is somewhat understandable, but 6-7 times, and furthermore at crucial points, and on top of that costing race wins for both drivers is nearly unforgivable
    Hamilton would be leading the Championship without these self inflicted wounds by the team. They are letting him down at the moment, and if he were to looses the championship you could easily point to these incidents. It isbn't a matter of bad luck, or hard done by, but a simple failure of performance by the crew and poor decision making by those in charge.
    Yes, but Ferrari FUBAR'd Massa's championship in '08. Ferrari didn't mean to do that, just as McLaren don't mean it today. However, 5h!t happens. Being able to re-group, learn from it and come back stronger is what must count.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    McLaren has problems in the pits, Ferrari with pace, Red Bull with reliability, Merc with consistency. This makes the championship so awesome.
    Yeah, some people like racing when it is about who is the best, some like it when it is about who is less bad.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    if we are not blaming people, then is the team blame free?

come on, once or twice in 8 races is somewhat understandable, but 6-7 times, and furthermore at crucial points, and on top of that costing race wins for both drivers is nearly unforgivable
    Hamilton would be leading the Championship without these self inflicted wounds by the team. They are letting him down at the moment, and if he were to loose the championship you could easily point to these incidents. It isn't a matter of bad luck, or hard done by, but a simple failure of performance by the crew and poor decision making by those in charge.

I can't really argue with you mate but running around with our hair on fire is hardly conducive to resolving the issue. I am as annoyed and disapointed as anyone but lots goes on behind the scene to resolve issues that we don't know about. I thought we were getting there only to suffer an equipment failure in Spain. It's galling.

Te team are putting in a huge amount of effort to solve these problems and to think that McLaren are sitting on there hands and not throwing every effort into this is not true.

I think that the problems are behind McLaren and there will not be a repeat. I hope so anyway.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    McLaren bullish about pitstop performance after record Valencia stop - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Well, I know that stop was fast but it was the fastest ever F1 pit stop at 2.6 seconds. Actual time to green (when the car is ready for release) was 2.32.

Apart from an equipment failure, I think they're doing OK.

Still think heads should roll?

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    McLaren bullish about pitstop performance after record Valencia stop - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Well, I know that stop was fast but it was the fastest ever F1 pit stop at 2.6 seconds. Actual time to green (when the car is ready for release) was 2.32.

Apart from an equipment failure, I think they're doing OK.

Still think heads should roll?
    Consistency is the absolute key in F1 pitstops. Better have two 4-second stops than a 3- and a 12-second pitstop. With solid pitstops you can still finish the race in a good position, but with even one botched pitstop you can forget about everything by retiring with a loose wheelnut.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Consistency is the absolute key in F1 pitstops. Better have two 4-second stops than a 3- and a 12-second pitstop. With solid pitstops you can still finish the race in a good position, but with even one botched pitstop you can forget about everything by retiring with a loose wheelnut.
    well said
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    If only there was a common saying about the relationship between haste and speed....
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    If only there was a common saying about the relationship between haste and speed....
    Spaniards would say something like "dress me slowly, I'm in a hurry" (vísteme despacio, que tengo prisa).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There's also an old F1 saying about being able to make a fast car relaible but not a slow car fast?

Apart from a equipment failure it would have been a great day for the crew so I'm happy and looking forward to Silverstone.