Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: R2 Cars

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    Mapping the Fiesta for E85, what doesmthat do for the HP/NM ?
    Speaking just theoretically (no own experience).

With E85 You can use richer fuel mixture because E85 contains quite a lot of oxygen. You can also use higher compression ratio because of high octane number of E85 but that means You need to modify cylinder head. Properly set engine for E85 shall be more powerful, especially in torque but it also must have much higher fuel consumption which can be a problem with really long sections between refueling.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    Mapping the Fiesta for E85, what doesmthat do for the HP/NM ?
    I'm not sure if it's possible, I mean according to the rules. I'm big fan of E85 fuel, but to use E85 with succes you may need bigger injectors and different CR, so little bit different engine head finishing or head gasket, etc (or maybe injectors are good enought, I don't know). Exactly as Mirek said. In R2 class you're normally getting map for ECU from manufacturer, you can choose for which fuel you want the car to be mapped, but I think there is no E85 available as it's way less popular in France (C2, Twingo) & UK (Fiesta) than in Scandinavia.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks all of you!

The c2´s and fiesta´s you have been driving, are they with standard setup on dampers? "factory shimming"?

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Now the driver joined the forum, jensee so he can ask directly - welcome !

No one that knows the front and rear track width on the Fiesta ?

Liked 312 Times in 136 Posts
    The track must be the same or near compared to the standard Fiesta. The Fiesta kit doesn’t include the front lower arms and also the rear beam is standard. On the other hand the wheel hubs are not standard and I think those can change the track a bit.

But you can send an inquiry to M-Sport (http://www.m-sport.co.uk/index.php/contac). I believe they will answer.

Juuso Pykälistö has tested the both cars for Vauhdin Maailma and he also said the Fiesta had a better balance and better suspension compared to the Citroen. He also said the Fiesta doesn’t tilt as much as the Citroen due to better balance. Also in his account to find suspension setup that he liked it would need about 50 km of driving with the Fiesta but about 200 km with the Citroen C2. He said that the Citroen’s suspension felt like made for more rough gravel roads.

The Fiesta has a connector in the engine compartment and when connecting a “green” flash drive to the connector, it will change the engine mapping to suite E85.

There was conflicting information in the article regarding power with gasoline and E85. In the text section was written that the power is 170 ps with gasoline and 179 ps with E85. In the data box the power and torque was:

Gasoline: 171 ps (126 kW) @ 7000 rpm / 190Nm @ 5790 rpm
    E85: 174 ps (128 kW) @ 6860 rpm / 190 Nm @ 5290 rpm
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldF
    The Fiesta has a connector in the engine compartment and when connecting a “green” flash drive to the connector, it will change the engine mapping to suite E85.
    I didn't know about that option, very interesting!

How is the handeling and drivability on the Fabia vs Fiesta and Twingo?

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Jan Černý told me that suspension of Fabia didn't work good.

OldF: Some time a go I saw a dyno chart of Fiesta and the result was same like You said - 171 Hp but I don't remember any more details. Fabia engine output is around 190 Hp at best.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Citroen Sport has developed a R1 DS3. Is it logic to assume they in 2012/13 will upgrade their R2 rallycar from the older C2 to the newer DS3 chassis?

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    No more cheap rallying.