Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shazbot
    Wow this is dull. Amature hour in the pit lane as well.
    Well, if this was dull, I'll take drivers earning their positions and not being able to stay flat out any day!! Manhandling a car is what racing is all about!!
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimispeed
    Well, if this was dull, I'll take drivers earning their positions and not being able to stay flat out any day!! Manhandling a car is what racing is all about!!
    agreed- so much better than the scary pack racing of the IRL days at this track- reminded me of some of the CART oval races- great to see/hear drivers lifting off, changing gear again and making the difference rather than mashing the accelerator and steering the car

hard luck Rahal and Dixon- both deserved to win the race- well done Wilson- great to see one of the smaller teams win

overall great job Indy Car- for running a safer race at Texas. Couldn't help but notice the lack of spectators though

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats to Justin! I can't believe Graham hit the wall.

Didn't agree with the Power penalty though...
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shazbot
    Wow this is dull. Amature hour in the pit lane as well.
    Why don't you go watch the IR...oh wait never mind, you can't anymore.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think this race was a good race.Most of these drivers displayed great skill ,but double restart and more hp would be better in my opinion. We didn't se two cars go in circle and not able to pass for two hrs like a trafic of local exspressway and that's great. Passing ,sliding .unpredictable, it was great.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm pretty sure we will be back here next year, the stands were not full but there weren't less people than in 2011 or did I see it wrong? If they can set-up the cars on 1,5 mile ovals like this, well return to Chicagoland Speedway and Las Vegas Motor Speedway in 2013 I would say... Great job by Justin Wilson and Dale Coyne, congratulations!

I agreed fully with Power's penalty because he did some dangerous blocking on Kanaan, which wasn't neccesery at all.. Too bad Dixon crashed out of the race, he could have been very close to Power in the standings now.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    I agreed fully with Power's penalty because he did some dangerous blocking on Kanaan, which wasn't neccesery at all.. Too bad Dixon crashed out of the race, he could have been very close to Power in the standings now.
    I agree with you on the penalty given to Power but I hope race control will do the same to Dario when he does his dirty moves as he was Danica #2 last year with the blocking and they did not touch him...
    The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Didn't catch the race, only highlights, but nice to see someone else winning. Granted, that would've applied to Marco as much as Justin, but I have to fly the patriotic flag here. He does look very, very British with those guns though

Crowd looked thin, but don't know what TMS holds?
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't like ovals, but it is impossible to dislike a win by Dayle Coyne's Team, only his second one.
    Jose Arrambide
    Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition
    Monty Python Flying Circus

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixent
    I agree with you on the penalty given to Power but I hope race control will do the same to Dario when he does his dirty moves as he was Danica #2 last year with the blocking and they did not touch him...
    And so do I agree with you.. They should penalize Dario as well, when he does some dangerous blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by hornet
    Crowd looked thin, but don't know what TMS holds?
    I think this is exactly good enough, especially because there weren't more people in the stands in the last couple of years. I really hope they DO return, I always liked Texas Motor Speedway.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.