Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Here's an actual photo from ESPN F1.com
    Attachment 2958
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    So they won in Monaco with an illegal car yet the result still stands. Madness. We've been here before, with Ferrari, so at least the FIA's stupidity is consistent.
    Not at all.

It's generally standard practice for teams to allow the FIA run past grey area designs.

Lotus' trick front suspension was initially past by the FIA, the Brawn said the FIA allowed them to run DDD.

It's when the cat is out the bag one decides to play political games.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    I'm not
    they should be stripped of the monaco win and 4th place by Vettel
    If you can send a car to the back of the grid for low fuel in qualy, then why can't you strip the results of an illegal car

the teams blew it, and C.Whiting blew it (as usual, proving that CW's blessing means nothing) especailly the teams for not protesting the result. It would have taught RBR a well earned lesson
    Good to see that after so many years McLaren fans still have class
    Formula 1

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    I think the moral of this story is that the FIA need to be much more thorough in their prerace scrutineering
    I know we've heard that song many times before.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    This has happened many, many times before. The team gets something funny, Charlie gives green light, the team wins and then it is protested and banned, without affecting the opening rounds. It has happened to Renault, McLaren, Williams, Ferrari, etc. It is stupid to demand banning of Webber and even sillier to compare the situation with what happened to Lewis in Spain - when McLaren broke the rule, which was INVENTED because of them and Hamilton.
    Formula 1

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    I’m cornfused…
    Did RBR specifically present the design to the FIA before the Monaco GP to confirm legality?
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    I’m cornfused…
    Did RBR specifically present the design to the FIA before the Monaco GP to confirm legality?
    Good question, they first used it in Bahrain. I'll have to go back and do further research. This is the only thing that I've read in that arena and it is more than a little ethereal:

Red Bull, who are leading McLaren in the constructors' standings by 38 points after six of 20 races, have been adamant that their floor is legal and rebuffed doubts in Monaco. "There was a bit of a fuss after the Bahrain race (won by Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel in April) but it was clear the car complied," said team principal Christian Horner at the time.
    "We sought clarification after that, but there is no doubt the car is fully compliant." Red Bull were not immediately available for comment ".....
    Red Bull told to fix their floor - Sport - DNA

The question is did they seek clarification after Bahrain, or Monaco?
    The thing that seems odd is if you look at the Ferrari solution in the image I placed above. They have a hair thin cut to their scoops. I believe they did something like this for cooling vents in the recent past. I just don't see how much less effective their solution is.
    BTW Horner is starting to get on my freakin’ nerves
    May the forza be with you

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    "Hey , you can't wear that clown nose . You'll be funnier than us ."

"Nowhere does it say I can't wear this nose , so I will ."

"Can he wear that clown nose ? He'll be too funny . He was already too funny last show ."

"We told you all that your noses could be red , be we also said that they could not restrict the vision of the giant clown feet ."

"But , everyone can see our feet . They're huge !"

"But we meant that you should be able to see them ."

"If we put a slot in the nose , connected to the step plane of the upper surface of each nostril , so that a portion of the bodywork of the giant shoes are clearly viisible from above the nasal area , would that be ok ?"

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    This has happened many, many times before. The team gets something funny, Charlie gives green light, the team wins and then it is protested and banned, without affecting the opening rounds. It has happened to Renault, McLaren, Williams, Ferrari, etc. It is stupid to demand banning of Webber and even sillier to compare the situation with what happened to Lewis in Spain - when McLaren broke the rule, which was INVENTED because of them and Hamilton.
    With protocol as it is with teams demanding a clarification - that's like a second opinion.

Unfortunately its a political tool. It's easier to ban a rival team's device than to make your car go faster.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    With protocol as it is with teams demanding a clarification - that's like a second opinion.

Unfortunately its a political tool. It's easier to ban a rival team's device than to make your car go faster.
    Very true, alas.