Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I believe Speed cut away and missed the driver interviews after the race. The immediately cut to the soccer/football game. That's what p!ssed me off. I watched the race on DVR, so I had no opportunity to see the interviews. I think there's a replay this week some time. So I'll tape the entire race again, just to skip to the end and watch the interviews!

It's fine if the other Fox outlets cover other sports. But for Speed to now be covering soccer... Other than F1 and GP2, I hardly ever watch Speed anymore anyway. The best news I got this weekend was that as a DirecTV subscriber, I can now get Speed 2. So to get back to what Speedvision was before Fox bought the channel, and mucked it up, I'll have to watch non-F1 (and non-NASCAR) related motorsports programming on my computer. But that's OK. I paid almost as much for this second monitor as I paid for my last TV, so I might as well get some use out of it. At least I can avoid all the goofy, retarded, reality TV crap that fills up Speed when F1 (or NASCAR) isn't on.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    ...As for American football, isn't that rugby with pads?
    No.
    Although the rules are conceptually similar to rugby, American football would be impossible without pads and helmets.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    As for Speed TV, I rarely watch anything on the channel anymore . I'd watch F1, but TSN has exclusive rights to the event broadcasts in Canada so they're blacked out on the Speed channel.
    TSN merely picks up the BBC feed which is alright, but I've always preferred the Speed TV commentary, including their pre-race show.
    To be honest, if Speed TV wasn't included in our channel bundle, I'd drop it
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If it wasn't for F1 I would drop speed like a bad habit.