Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BTCC Thruxton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christophulus
    Amateur hour from the recovery truck drivers again

On the plus side, Toby Moody has gone up in my expectations for using the phrase "as wet as an otter's pocket"
    Did anyone else hear this one whilst he was commentating on the first Porsche Carrera Cup race, "....and it's a win for Porsche!"

In a single make series I find it highly unlikely that another make would win it.......D'oh. Toby Moody has been to university and got a degree in "Stating the Obvious".
    Nissan Racing Micra - :smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    Motorcycle racing is always a lower priority than car racing. In my humble opinion

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    Sorry to disagree, but, in my humble opinion motorcycle racing - BSB, MotoGP, WSB - is on the level as BTCC. However, I can't see the attraction of F1.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Poor bit of commentary from Toby Moody when the lead changed in the Porsche race, getting the names of the drivers involved muddled up, and immediately saying that Daniel Lloyd would definitely get a penalty for cutting over the chicane, when it looked obvious that he did so as a result of being forced by Butcher. Great race though.
    That's why I call him "Tubby Muddled"

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Got home about an hour ago from todays soaking at Thruxton and despite the weather and going on my own, I had a brilliant day and managed to get some pictures im pretty happy with!

I spent the day moving around the complex and from what I saw I thought the driving was superb in every race, even in the Clios which I thought might be carnage! Lets hope this can continue for the rest of the year. I saw Chris James and Gillham go off with a bang! Christ knows how they were able to drive away after hitting the wall at speed, though it was lcuky they didnt drop any fluids on the track!

Getting out of the muddy car park was fun, and if id watched someone try and get out like I did, I would probably have thought what a twat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christophulus
    Amateur hour from the recovery truck drivers again
    x2 - driving the first truck on the grass and then trying to pull it out with a Range Rover on the grass as well.

Okay, the marshals and recovery crews do a necessary job (I assume the recovery crews are being paid) but they don't seem to have any idea of how to recover vehicles quickly and without unnecessary damage........

WT
    Winner 2012 F1 Fantasy Racers at fantasyracers.com. Winner 2013 FGP.

Never stop believing...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    By contrast, I thought all the BTCC drivers behaved themselves splendidly in appalling conditions. ....
    Even Jason Plato managed to go a whole meeting without punting someone off............amazing!

WT
    Winner 2012 F1 Fantasy Racers at fantasyracers.com. Winner 2013 FGP.

Never stop believing...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Today's racing has made me fall in love with Shedden's driving all over again. I feel about the same way about Flash as I did about Colin Turkington in 2009. There's just a sense of inevitability - the nice guy FINALLY gets a break and gets the championship win he so richly deserves. I just hope my wish comes true!
    BTCCCrazy.co.uk

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tixy54
    Sorry to disagree, but, in my humble opinion motorcycle racing - BSB, MotoGP, WSB - is on the level as BTCC. However, I can't see the attraction of F1.
    Enough of the swearing. Anymore motorcycle talk and I'll edit it out.

Quite surprised by the races today, in a good way. I suspect the weather had something to do with it, but good clean racing all the same. The Porsche race was fantastic, something I thought I'd never say.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Recovery truck in the mud aside, it was refreshing to see cars allowed to race in the wet. Unlike F1.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    Recovery truck in the mud aside, it was refreshing to see cars allowed to race in the wet. Unlike F1.
    And they did so extremely well, didn't they? Much the cleanest BTCC meeting I can recall for some time, yet far from dull — unless all you want to see is contact.