Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barmy Army

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlrightTreacle?
    Are u sure that was the reason fella? Jus' sayin'........
    Yeah that's spot on what happened.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    After all ive said, guess which group of fans I passed on my way to the complex on Sunday?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    To be honest they're not hard to spot... I remember their reaction when Plato rolled at Donington last year. I believe they were also at the WTCC round too supporting Huffy like everyone else who was there
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaRacingFan
    Apart from swigging excessive amounts of beer, making a load of unnecessary noise, supporting one of the most ignorant, egotistical and dirtiest drivers in the BTCC. What is the point of the "Barmy Army" ?

At least they do seem to be real people enjoyin motorsport, not like certain people on social networking sites who seem to be council flat dwellers with multiple id's who live a lie behind a computer keyboard.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaRacingFan
    Apart from swigging excessive amounts of beer, making a load of unnecessary noise, supporting one of the most ignorant, egotistical and dirtiest drivers in the BTCC. What is the point of the "Barmy Army" ?
    Is this like a metaphysical and/or philosophical question? The same question could equally be asked of the supporters of any football club or indeed of the Barmy Army as applied to the England Cricket team.

"swigging excessive amounts of beer, making a load of unnecessary noise" sounds like a great day out to me.

And as for the comment of "one of the most ignorant, egotistical and dirtiest drivers in the BTCC", motor racing drivers in general all have egos the size of Texas. Without knowing who you are talking about, this statement could be applied to every driver in the field.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well being a 'Honda fan' it's pretty obvious who i would say he's talking about but i think he should be looking closer to home.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    I thought the Barmy Army were cricket fans that travelled with the English team when the Ashes series is playing in Australia? I've had the pleasure of watching a test match at Adelaide oval in the near vicinity of the Army, and they sang and drank their day away - no problems from them, but lots of problems for pissed up Aussie kiddies who wanted to fight the first person who sneezed!

Maybe they've branched out into motor racing?