Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Plato once again being the ass of the weekend.

1. Tried to squeeze out collard but failed.
    2. Then failed to to pass Shedden cleanly though the course of Race 3, so resorted to pushing him off.

Im not jking Plato's driving standards seems to get worse every year. i don't mind the odd nudge and rub but pushing a driver half way down a straight at high speed was out of order and the 2second penalty wasn't good enough. they should of excluded him.

the thing i don't get is. they can fine collard for doing celebratory do-nuts but not fine Plato for dangerous driving. i don't get it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Correct me if im wrong but thats Chris James car, not Newshams and that was what James did himself. nothing to do with Plato. but still funny as hell.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Plato is an utter twunt.

This time last year he was complaining about driving standards.

Is it any wonder BTCC has it haters, not just viewers but marshals as well.

I was never a fan of the Plato v Neal/TD rivalry. It's been inauthentic, childish and sunk to another low.

OK the standards in NASCAR aren't great either but at least they know don't want a rivalry to get out of hand. As BDunnel pointed out earlier, an example needs to be set.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Plato is an utter twunt.

This time last year he was complaining about driving standards.

Is it any wonder BTCC has it haters, not just viewers but marshals as well.

I was never a fan of the Plato v Neal/TD rivalry. It's been inauthentic, childish and sunk to another low.

OK the standards in NASCAR aren't great either but at least they know don't want a rivalry to get out of hand. As BDunnel pointed out earlier, an example needs to be set.
    My particular problem with this incident was that you could see it coming a mile off. You just knew there was going to be contact at the last corner, if not before. That's not what I want to see in motor racing I watch.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tixy54
    I have to agree, whoever you support in this race series,that was out & out cheating, Mr Plato has got away with it for far too long. There aren't many of the "top" drivers that haven't been Plato'd at some time or other, if the clerk of the course won't do anything I think that all of these drivers should get together and make a protest, even to the point of a boycott if necessary. No driver is bigger than the rule book and I'm afraid that Mr Plato has got away with it just too often. Some of his race tactics leave a very sour taste in the mouth. As I have said before in these forums, I'll take nothing away from the fact that he is a very talented driver, however, this also means that he doesn't have to resort to these kind of "blatant cheating" tactics. If you can't win anything fairly then don't enter, no-one has to resort to tactics which could end up with one of your fellow competitors, or, worse still, cheering fans or marshalls getting seriously injured.

Rant over, who agrees? Stand up and be counted - even supporters of Mr Plato, I'd love to hear your comments.
    I wholeheartedly agree - Plato is too arrogant for his own good - and too dangerous for his fellow drivers. His style should be more in-tune (no pun intended) with stock-car racing, where men are men and don't hide behind a facade of smugness. It needs a brave driver to stand up to Plato and give him the ear-bending/mouthful he so deserves. He should have a) been disqualified for his 3rd race antics, or b) given a 10 second penalty, as he was shown to have pushed Shedden down the straight well before the corner. It would have been interesting to see his reaction if he had rolled Shedden.........or cause serious injury or worse (God forbid). Maybe he'd like to see a replay of Charlie Cox at Thruxton doing his somersaults.......?

It really is time to see some authority be exerted over the rule book and bring the racing back to the non-contact sport that made it so popular with the public, before the BTCC degenerates any further into a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyB
    I wholeheartedly agree - Plato is too arrogant for his own good - and too dangerous for his fellow drivers. His style should be more in-tune (no pun intended) with stock-car racing, where men are men and don't hide behind a facade of smugness. It needs a brave driver to stand up to Plato and give him the ear-bending/mouthful he so deserves. He should have a) been disqualified for his 3rd race antics, or b) given a 10 second penalty, as he was shown to have pushed Shedden down the straight well before the corner. It would have been interesting to see his reaction if he had rolled Shedden.........or cause serious injury or worse (God forbid). Maybe he'd like to see a replay of Charlie Cox at Thruxton doing his somersaults.......?

It really is time to see some authority be exerted over the rule book and bring the racing back to the non-contact sport that made it so popular with the public, before the BTCC degenerates any further into a lost cause.
    I have absolutely no beef at all with the individuals concerned. It's the general attitude that worries me. Jeff Allam was employed by Alan Gow as a driving standards advisor last year. By the tone of some comments of his quoted in an article, he was serious about the role. Yet what good has it done? Can anyone honestly say that it had an effect? If it did, goodness knows how bad things would have become otherwise.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I have absolutely no beef at all with the individuals concerned. It's the general attitude that worries me. Jeff Allam was employed by Alan Gow as a driving standards advisor last year. By the tone of some comments of his quoted in an article, he was serious about the role. Yet what good has it done? Can anyone honestly say that it had an effect? If it did, goodness knows how bad things would have become otherwise.

I don't think it's made any change if anything made things far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by HondaRacingFan
    I don't think it's made any change if anything made things far worse.
    I can't see how things getting worse could be Allam's fault, to be honest. Ought not the MSA to be more concerned?

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Seriously how can it have got worse than Donington last year?!

¥ë¥¤¥Ó¥È¥ó Ø”²¼

Can certainly manifest as a time off if reproduction hand bags get out of beds within the in actuality while the system. ¥ô¥£¥È¥ó¥Ð¥Ã¥° the number of boyish babes it is acclimatized a duplicate of the identical esteemed Louis Vuitton bag and never have any idea it's mainly not the complete field. after on this exercising for the boyish little girls are all around to come to be ¥ë¥¤¥Ó¥È¥ó Ø”²¼ adult females and actuality that trip way less status the entire designer'm clutches, such types of prestigious Louis Vuitton money is able delivers a abounding opportunity or merely one that they will wealthiness you need to.¥ë¥¤¥Ó¥È¥ó Ø”²¼ : [url=http://www.lv-japan.net/]激安 ヴィトンãƒ