Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    And come on Steve Rider, don't go calling it 'fantastic spectacle'. You can do better than that.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    And come on Steve Rider, don't go calling it 'fantastic spectacle'. You can do better than that.
    ITV seem to think fans are only interested if it's like a destruction derby. Agree that Plato should have a heavy penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by christophulus
    ITV seem to think fans are only interested if it's like a destruction derby.
    It is a problem. I have a high regard for Tim Harvey, but there are only so many times I can take being told that this is 'good, close racing' or 'that was a classic Matt Neal manoeuvre' when the racing or the manoeuvre in question shouldn't be deemed appropriate.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    No way in the world Plato should go unpenalised for that last corner push on Shedden. That's not on. I don't think a reversal of positions would be sufficient; an exclusion would seem more appropriate for what was a deliberate piece of contact. Surely an example should be set this time? Shedden's anger is totally justified.

Other than that, a brilliant win by Jackson, a fantastic race by Gilham, and further indication that the BMWs can't hack it over a race distance.
    I have to agree, whoever you support in this race series,that was out & out cheating, Mr Plato has got away with it for far too long. There aren't many of the "top" drivers that haven't been Plato'd at some time or other, if the clerk of the course won't do anything I think that all of these drivers should get together and make a protest, even to the point of a boycott if necessary. No driver is bigger than the rule book and I'm afraid that Mr Plato has got away with it just too often. Some of his race tactics leave a very sour taste in the mouth. As I have said before in these forums, I'll take nothing away from the fact that he is a very talented driver, however, this also means that he doesn't have to resort to these kind of "blatant cheating" tactics. If you can't win anything fairly then don't enter, no-one has to resort to tactics which could end up with one of your fellow competitors, or, worse still, cheering fans or marshalls getting seriously injured.

Rant over, who agrees? Stand up and be counted - even supporters of Mr Plato, I'd love to hear your comments.
    Nissan Racing Micra - :smokin:

Quote Originally Posted by Tixy54
    I have to agree, whoever you support in this race series,that was out & out cheating, Mr Plato has got away with it for far too long. There aren't many of the "top" drivers that haven't been Plato'd at some time or other, if the clerk of the course won't do anything I think that all of these drivers should get together and make a protest, even to the point of a boycott if necessary. No driver is bigger than the rule book and I'm afraid that Mr Plato has got away with it just too often. Some of his race tactics leave a very sour taste in the mouth. As I have said before in these forums, I'll take nothing away from the fact that he is a very talented driver, however, this also means that he doesn't have to resort to these kind of "blatant cheating" tactics. If you can't win anything fairly then don't enter, no-one has to resort to tactics which could end up with one of your fellow competitors, or, worse still, cheering fans or marshalls getting seriously injured.

Rant over, who agrees? Stand up and be counted - even supporters of Mr Plato, I'd love to hear your comments.
    Well, it wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen in the BTCC by a long shot, but, as I said earlier, I think an example needs to be set at some point. To me, it was just a shame a position had to be decided in such a way at the very end of what had been a clean race between the three front-runners. I don't care who is involved, not supporting any one driver over any other — all I want to see is good racing in the proper sense. And there was plenty of that today, too, not least from Plato in coming through in that third race.

Post-race, Plato was demoted to third for his move on Shedden: then Jackson was excluded for a turbo boost infringement. So, Shedden wins from Plato and, in third, Gilham. Good reward for Gilham, I feel, after a fine and clean drive.

BTCC :: Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Seems like justice has been done, im glad the stewards have done something about it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    new track put in for next round
    Barford Camp

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I got the news on the stewards decisions last night, from Gordon, I have nothing more to say on the matter.
    Nissan Racing Micra - :smokin: