Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Will Power is the best. Congrats dude! Josef has what it takes and idiot Dario had to put him in the wall when it was clear he lost a corner .Simon was superb and race was little weird in my opinion. Nice to see green car up front again. Ugly bumpers didn't slow Marcos flight. Sick and tired of whiners and exscuses .These cars need more hp.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cars definitely need more horsepower, or P2P to increase performance in passing. Don't know if I like blocking that much, seems to be an unfair advantage until the cars get P2P. Ooooh, and I feel sorry for all of the more than capable drivers who drive with Lotus power. You have absolutely no chance of showing your competitiveness! Very sad to watch you struggle just to keep up with the middle of the pack......... Lotus, is that all you can do??
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Wow, Dario looks lost this year. Power is the best right now, Paganaud is his main contender with a touch of Andretti Auto (minus Marco). A weird but great race with more passing.

Marco's crash concerns me though...
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    Newgarden tried the pass, but Dario of course had to make contact, but pretty sure no penalty will ever be made of this :/
    Newgarden tried to pass on the outside in turn 1, that's on him.

After reviewing the Marco crash it's clear Graham Rahal flat out blocked him. It appears he launched off the side not the back as I thought in my first post so that's good.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 00steven
    Marco's crash concerns me though...
    I hope you realize that there is really no way for them to keep cars on the ground other than luck and the grace of God. You can minimize the chances but when two item impact each other at high speed they will never deflect in the same direction twice. Race cars of all type have become airborne for all sorts of different reasons and the DW12 will not stop that it will only minimize it to a certain degree. It's time to realize that racing is a dangerous sport and if it's something that bothers people than there are other sports to watch....
    The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Enjoyed the race maybe one of the best in years in regards to passing. We held our breath the last four lamp as we knew Simon was fast and was charging hard. Congrats to Will Power and Team Penske. Also Congrats to ICS officals for placing a penalty on RHR for his typical dirty driving style.
    The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixent
    Enjoyed the race maybe one of the best in years in regards to passing. We held our breath the last four lamp as we knew Simon was fast and was charging hard. Congrats to Will Power and Team Penske. Also Congrats to ICS officals for placing a penalty on RHR for his typical dirty driving style.
    Hunter-Reay should've been dropped behind Sato, 3 place penalty is undeserving.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 00steven
    Newgarden tried to pass on the outside in turn 1, that's on him.
    Look at a replay, Dario squeezed him to the right. There were other similar passes today withou incident.

There is no way we will ever completely eliminate launching, but the bumpers and the sidepods certainly enabled a lot of side by side racing on a narrow course. There was one four car scramble involving Helio, Briscoe and two others that in the past would have resulted in four cars on the hook. As it played out today all four kept on going. The drivers know this and are now not afraid to push a bit harder.

RE: the Marco Rahal incident, Marco is an idiot if he thought he could make that next corner with as much speed as he was carrying. Dixon and Rahal were both on the brakes and Marco was trying a bonsai move. And true to form, just like his dad, he blames the other guy.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Look at a replay, Dario squeezed him to the right. There were other similar passes today withou incident.

There is no way we will ever completely eliminate launching, but the bumpers and the sidepods certainly enabled a lot of side by side racing on a narrow course. There was one four car scramble involving Helio, Briscoe and two others that in the past would have resulted in four cars on the hook. As it played out today all four kept on going. The drivers know this and are now not afraid to push a bit harder.

RE: the Marco Rahal incident, Marco is an idiot if he thought he could make that next corner with as much speed as he was carrying. Dixon and Rahal were both on the brakes and Marco was trying a bonsai move. And true to form, just like his dad, he blames the other guy.

Gary
    Gary, did you not see Graham change his line in response to Marco in the braking zone. It was a stupid block and the kind that should be penalized at the next race. Marco gets a lot criticism, and deservedly so on many occasions, but Graham seems to get a pass on a lot of the dumb stuff he does. His weak explanation of the incident with a smirk on his face during the telecast didn't exactly make me think he believed what he was spinning. Maybe Marco's move would have ended badly, but we'll never know because Graham changed his line to block in the braking zone and caused the accident.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    Hunter-Reay should've been dropped behind Sato, 3 place penalty is undeserving.
    Penalty was time based if it would have been done like you suggest Hunter _Reay would have finished 9th or 10th instead of 6th. In my mind he got off easy since he pulled this stuff last year. Now if the officials would do the same to Dario when he does his risky moves...