Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    Really? I was inclined to think that was because he is a double world champion.
    well you are in fact DEAD WRONG. He is paid by every single fan that watches him race. This sport (like all others) is a business first, and every single fan is a customer.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    They are his fans, probably were still waiting there after he left them like that.
    These guys managed to take pictures together with KR and BE, whom are at least as taken if not more (Bernie) than FA, but their idol gave them the equivalent of the middle finger.
    This evidence is purely circumstancial!
    I ain't buying it!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blakebeatty
    well you are in fact DEAD WRONG. He is paid by every single fan that watches him race. This sport (like all others) is a business first, and every single fan is a customer.
    No the sport is actually a competition first! And a damn dangerous one at that!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Have those here criticising Alonso for his reported snub of fans waited to get a drivers' autograph themselves? Stood on the other side of a fence pleading for a driver to sign their programme?

It's the kind of thing that happens every day of a race weekend to every driver and many fans.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    I wouldn't have expected this:

<<"He looked at us with disgust and answered 'no'," Rodriguez said, adding that members of the Alonso fan club had to be content with photos with Kimi Raikkonen and even Bernie Ecclestone.>>

Link: http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...26104627.shtml
    so did you find it quickly or you had to look for it?
    Your thread amazes me and shocks me at the same time. I would have never expected this kind of topic from you.
    Rude boy Fernando... hilarious
    So what? I don't care. To be honest I don't really like all these morons that haunt drivers, singers, actors etc etc... you know the type... the ones that have idols instead of favorite drivers..., the ones that are prepared to fight against the obvious.... the ones that see their driver as some sort of superman...

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eu
    so did you find it quickly or you had to look for it?
    Your thread amazes me and shocks me at the same time. I would have never expected this kind of topic from you.
    Rude boy Fernando... hilarious
    So what? I don't care. To be honest I don't really like all these morons that haunt drivers, singers, actors etc etc... you know the type... the ones that have idols instead of favorite drivers..., the ones that are prepared to fight against the obvious.... the ones that see their driver as some sort of superman...
    Why oh why some feel the need to attack other members because of topics they don't like, instead of discussing the topic at hand or ignoring it?

BTW are you a singer, actor or any other kind of VIP being "haunted" by people who want your signature? Even if you were one this wouldn't give you the right to call those people "morons".
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    During my 10 year career as a driver I didn't sign a huge number of autographs but a reasonable #. I was willing most of the time but not for about a 1/2 hr before a race. Even then I tried to be polite but with some 'fans' it was not always easy.
    I feel for 'Freddie' and it may have been when he was approached or how or both.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    During my 10 year career as a driver...
    Thanks for adding a bit of timely perspective
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Why is Alonso being singled out??? He was being a dic£head, but I fear he not d only one. An example being below and I am a Montoya fan b4 I get labeled as a anti-Montoya or whatever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_Rk7UZWISY
    "We are in the ****, but the championship is long. Mugello will be difficult because of the long straight. But we will fight there with a knife between the teeth!" Valentino Rossi

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looks like a piece of trash journalism and I am surprised so many people on here have jumped on the bandwaggon. What do fans really expect around race day, not much chance of a driver signing every autograph asked for.

I have heard good reports of Alonso when he was at Goodwood, certainly take more notice of that than this rubbish.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!